PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Noise from front wheel area?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 10:11 PM
Default Noise from front wheel area?

Have an H2 in mint condition but almost 109k miles. I have kept it serviced and it runs like it was new. Most my miles are driving to a second home I have which is a 4k round trip. Got to bring my two labs with me or they would be sad dad went hunting and fishing without them.

Anyway, I want to make this trip one more time with this vehicle. I all of a sudden started hearing strange sounds coming from the wheel well area in front like it needs lubrication or something is rubbing type sounds. No banging or anything like That. More of a equaling sound which is also embarrassing.

Any ideas on what this may be? I looked all around under the frame and don,t see anything that could cause this.

Thanks in advance.

Ted

Old 05-17-2011, 11:31 AM

Check your exhaust manifold and make sure you don't have any broken bolts, that's where my sound was coming from when I had that issue.

Old 05-17-2011, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by Dontheo
Have an H2 in mint condition but almost 109k miles. I have kept it serviced and it runs like it was new. Most my miles are driving to a second home I have which is a 4k round trip. Got to bring my two labs with me or they would be sad dad went hunting and fishing without them.

Anyway, I want to make this trip one more time with this vehicle. I all of a sudden started hearing strange sounds coming from the wheel well area in front like it needs lubrication or something is rubbing type sounds. No banging or anything like That. More of a equaling sound which is also embarrassing.

Any ideas on what this may be? I looked all around under the frame and don,t see anything that could cause this.

Thanks in advance.

Ted
Hey Ted,

Believe it or not, check your hub caps "Centers" I have heard this complaint before...take them off and see if the noise goes away.