PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Next H2 up for Duramax

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2019, 10:09 AM

i notice on these conversions they cut off the transmission rear mount off the cross member and turn it around. why don't they just unbolt the cross member and turn the whole thing around without cutting it off?

Old 06-14-2019, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by bronxteck
i notice on these conversions they cut off the transmission rear mount off the cross member and turn it around. why don't they just unbolt the cross member and turn the whole thing around without cutting it off?
Probably because it’s not in the center of the cross member.

Old 06-14-2019, 12:28 PM

It’s not same spot. Gotta lower trans down and line it up. And they made it to where u can’t turn it around with out cutting the
tubes that house the bolts and drilling new holes and the bolts are not lined up the same when u turn it around. Way more work than what needs to be

Old 06-15-2019, 12:19 PM

Old 06-15-2019, 12:22 PM

32 hours in. Driveshafts, transcooler, wiring, pcm tuning all done. Skid plates on. Waiting
on diesel cluster, trans lines, Trans filter. Freon and I’ll be driving by end of day.
Probly going to be changing the transfer case encoder motor. It’s stuck between 4 high and 2wd

Old 06-15-2019, 07:27 PM

awesome job so far. great work. wish I had the space to work like you have.

Old 06-15-2019, 07:47 PM

39 hours in. She’s running, ice cold a/c. Conversion is done.

only thing left on truck is a headlight that never showed in mail. And a transfer case encoder motor, She has me stuck in 4 low. And a bad #1 crash sensor that I ordered. And waiting on the diesel gauge cluster I sent in mail. All easy.

Last edited by SgtChris30; 06-16-2019 at 10:55 AM.
Old 06-15-2019, 07:52 PM

video of her running.

Old 06-16-2019, 08:08 AM

You should be able to swap the cluster from the donor truck. Or do you send them off to get them rebuilt and odometer corrected or something? I would keep the front lens from the H2 cluster though as they have the silver trim on the speedo and tach that look a little nicer than the plan base truck ones. Even nicer yet are the Escalade lenses which have chrome trim on all the gauge openings. If you pull the needles you can also swap the actual gauge overlay as well. Even the gas clusters still have the "wait to start" spot in the overlay (just no functionality or led behind it). Main thing on a swap is to be sure its from an 03-07 truck and has the trans temp gauge which - I'm not certain but I'd assume the Duramax trucks have the trans temp gauge. One catch is the donor cannot be a 99-02 (and a few 03/04 Duramax) which look slightly similar but are for a different electrical system.

Old 06-16-2019, 10:56 AM

Sent it in for repair and rezero mileage.

Originally Posted by MixManSC
You should be able to swap the cluster from the donor truck. Or do you send them off to get them rebuilt and odometer corrected or something? I would keep the front lens from the H2 cluster though as they have the silver trim on the speedo and tach that look a little nicer than the plan base truck ones. Even nicer yet are the Escalade lenses which have chrome trim on all the gauge openings. If you pull the needles you can also swap the actual gauge overlay as well. Even the gas clusters still have the "wait to start" spot in the overlay (just no functionality or led behind it). Main thing on a swap is to be sure its from an 03-07 truck and has the trans temp gauge which - I'm not certain but I'd assume the Duramax trucks have the trans temp gauge. One catch is the donor cannot be a 99-02 (and a few 03/04 Duramax) which look slightly similar but are for a different electrical system.

Quick Reply: Next H2 up for Duramax