PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Member and new H2!

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2019, 04:33 AM
Smile New Member and new H2!

Good morning everyone, just picked up my new toy yesterday from a local dealership and absolutely love it! What's best is it only had a little over 50k miles on it. picked her up for a good price and could not be happier. I look forward to getting to know everyone! Have a great weekend all!

Old 05-18-2019, 08:06 AM

I'm usually not terribly fond of the some of the many add on chrome accents available but with the red paint it really pops and looks good! Also appears that the prior owner has replaced the terrible headlights with LED ones as well as replaced the gigantic DRL's (which many already assume are fogs) with LED lights too. I'd guess that they added a switch to manually cut them on/off to be used as actual fog/driving lights. Typically added to the blank spot under the rear wiper switch or to the ceiling console...

Old 05-18-2019, 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by MixManSC
I'm usually not terribly fond of the some of the many add on chrome accents available but with the red paint it really pops and looks good! Also appears that the prior owner has replaced the terrible headlights with LED ones as well as replaced the gigantic DRL's (which many already assume are fogs) with LED lights too. I'd guess that they added a switch to manually cut them on/off to be used as actual fog/driving lights. Typically added to the blank spot under the rear wiper switch or to the ceiling console...
Thanks for the information, appreciate it! I like all the chrome except the door molding/trim strips, and the 2 big square chrome caps on either side of the hood by the windshield. I tried to remove those bid square ones by the windshield but they are stuck on good! I assume they are just stuck on with 3M tape and need a good tug? Thanks

Old 05-18-2019, 07:16 PM

Yeah most likely 3M or some Chinesium VHB (very high bond) foam tape. The entire piece can be removed to try and work on it easier. With it off you might be able to use a snab blade knife to get in along the edges to start cutting away some of the tape. Regardless, you already seem to understand that there is somewhat of a risk of damaging it as well. I do also agree on those 2 bits of chrome.

Old 05-20-2019, 11:15 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome to HF and congrats!