PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Alpha doesn't like the dirt!?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2015, 03:25 PM
Default My Alpha doesn't like the dirt!?

Some of you may recall last month I was offroad (mild) and suddenly my H3 went into Reduced Power Mode, with CEL, Traction Failed - Service Stabilitrac messages.

The dealer I bought it fom stepped up and paid for the fix, which turned out to be an intermittent break in the wiring on top of the engine and a faulty TPS.

Or so I thought. It's back! I'm starting to think my H3 just doesn't like dirt. Took a short off-road jaunt yesterday afternoon, first time since getting it back. About 5-7 miles in, CEL came on, traction failed - service stabilitrac messages again...AAAAAUUUUUGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!

Haven't had time yet to read any codes. Called the shop and he said it sounds like a wire shorting somewhere; offroad shakes the truck just right to cause the issue. Said he can't get to it till next week sometime, so I'll start looking it over in the meantime. I'm gonna go ahead and change out the stupid OEM battery cable ends, too.

Old 07-23-2015, 11:36 PM

Sam thing happened to me. Sadly, Hummers are not made to last. I love mine and will keep it but when the day comes when I have to repair every week-she's gone! That said, my next "Hummer" will be the Toyota Tundra or Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT.

Old 07-23-2015, 11:38 PM
Old 07-24-2015, 08:10 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 650Hawk
Some of you may recall last month I was offroad (mild) and suddenly my H3 went into Reduced Power Mode, with CEL, Traction Failed - Service Stabilitrac messages.

The dealer I bought it fom stepped up and paid for the fix, which turned out to be an intermittent break in the wiring on top of the engine and a faulty TPS.

Or so I thought. It's back! I'm starting to think my H3 just doesn't like dirt. Took a short off-road jaunt yesterday afternoon, first time since getting it back. About 5-7 miles in, CEL came on, traction failed - service stabilitrac messages again...AAAAAUUUUUGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!

Haven't had time yet to read any codes. Called the shop and he said it sounds like a wire shorting somewhere; offroad shakes the truck just right to cause the issue. Said he can't get to it till next week sometime, so I'll start looking it over in the meantime. I'm gonna go ahead and change out the stupid OEM battery cable ends, too.
Should have done that already, single biggest cause of electrical Gremlins. Let us know what happens after you get that done.