PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Motivational Posters *Might be NSFW*

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2007, 12:26 PM
Default RE: Motivational Posters *Might be NSFW*

Now children, let's all play nice This is a public forum, so there is bound to be things posted here that not everyone agrees with. Jdrew posted some pictures he finds funny, it's his right. He had the good manners to label the content as "Not Safe For Work", indicating the content may be questionable to some. Lane interpreted the posters one way, and chose to comment as such, which is his right as well. Lanes personal opinion post, while possibly questionable itself to some, was not insulting or vindictive, simply an opinion. Importkiller, who always has strong opinions and let's his feeling knownto posters he thinks are being insulting or ridiculous, felt he was coming to the aid of a fellow member, but whose original post was maybe a bit over the top, but later corrected it. Dennis was just trying to keep the peace and maintain the high standards this forum has always enjoyed, while still allowing some of our more colorful members to express their opinions (and does an excellent job IMO). So I think everyone needs to cool down and relax.
I don't believe for a moment that anyone here thinks Jdrew would abuse his authority (unless maybe there's some H3X embroidered headrests involved), and the humor in those posters certainly is more indicative of a way for people in the industry to relieve stress through humor, not a enforcement practice. Jdrew posts are always a welcome, with much humour and useful info (and certainly his fair share of crap too)
Lane interprets them as abuse of power. If it was police policy, sure, but they are meant to be funny; and as satire, they are funny (IMO). Lanes own contributions have shown he enjoys humor, but this was clearly not his cup of tea. No worries. Keep posting, Lane.
Importkiller, your support of your friends is admirable, as is your willingness to let your opinion be known, but sometimes we all need to take a double take before posting. Everyonesown opinions, while always valid, sometimes need some further inspection, especially when emotions are involved, or when there is a chance of misinterpretation. As always, forum posts are always open to misinterpretation, so should always be taken with a grain of salt. Your knowledge and contributions to the forum are many and much appreciated, and when some troll or Lame-o comes along, your reprimands are clearly some of the great ones, so save your sharp wit for them.
Dennis, keep up the good work, I know you are trying to keep everyone happy and keep the content respectful. Hummerforums, is, and always has been the best place for Hummer owners and aficionados to learn and laugh!

Holy crap! I'm beginning post like Hummerguy!

Cliff notes version : Open forum posting may offend some, but let's all get along!

Old 07-28-2007, 01:25 PM

very true, and a good post...BUT..... I'm one of the senior members here, and a moderator and Idon't appreciate bieng told to "cool it" in a post that makes me look like child bieng reprimanded by his father.....sorry I'm too old for that crap...especially when a simple PM would have been sufficient. Have I EVER told a fellow mod or "senior" member to stop this or change that? NO..that should be done in PM's....only reason to do so in a post is to show off your cyber-muscle.

Old 07-28-2007, 06:32 PM

Man....I'm eating ALOT of popcorn lately!!!Name:  popcorn.gif
Views: 104
Size:  2.9 KB

Old 07-28-2007, 09:11 PM

Name:  popcorn.gif
Views: 105
Size:  2.9 KBHey give me some...

Old 07-28-2007, 09:47 PM

bob owns movie rental stores.......that popcorn will cost you like $6

Old 07-28-2007, 09:58 PM

Popcorn is free the cardboard box is $6...

Old 07-28-2007, 09:59 PM

ORIGINAL: Little Monster

Popcorn is free the cardboard box is $6...
Ahhhhhhhhhhh...............Just like a strip club

Old 07-28-2007, 10:03 PM

Yea..........Something like that..............more or less..............I think......

Old 07-28-2007, 10:44 PM

ORIGINAL: importkiller

bob owns movie rental stores.......that popcorn will cost you like $6
99Cents!!!(Cost is 22Cents X 350% MarkUp)

Old 07-28-2007, 10:48 PM

Is butter extra???

Quick Reply: Motivational Posters *Might be NSFW*