PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

LIFT KITS ????

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 07:42 AM
Default RE: LIFT KITS ????

I considered it, but the truth is an "exo-anything" for protection kills clearances, too -- that's why I don't use a brushguard that extends across the front of my truck either anymore. It helps me make tight turns and squeeze between the trees and rocks better on the trails. Bottom line is that with a body that won't rot away on me (aluminum and fiberglass) I don't mind a few scrapes and dings in exchange for the extra clearance.

ORIGINAL: Injunfarian

Yeah, I was thinking that was the reason. Have you ever considered an exocage around your rear area? I have been considering it lately I have smacked the driver side rear panel twice in the same place now due to trees... I would have really messed up the rear and tail lights etc if it wasnt for my bumper.

Old 02-15-2008, 03:36 PM

Hi guys, I was wondering where you go wheeling. My brother has been looking for places, we live in brampton (near toronto for anyone who doesnt know). Im sure Inju and YTH1 do, but the only place he knows of is heartlake and he's been there and didn't find any trails. He has a 96 4runner, looks hot, but mostlyyy stock. We usually go up to pickering with our cousin, I've only went twice but he's been a couple more time. He and my cousin go up (cousin has a Samurai), so I was wondering where you go so we could hit the trails sometime. We could either go together or if that doesnt work out, we could go alone and see what its like. Thanks.

-Shankar

Old 02-15-2008, 07:00 PM

I usually goto Delaware(near london) also been to putnam but honestly I would never go there again way too narrow for our rigs... Also goto a couple friends farm houses and gopher dunes... If you are around London area contact me and id be more than happy to take you for a trail run.

Old 02-15-2008, 07:33 PM

InJun how is the truck????? Did you get it fixed??

These trucks are sooooo picky. My CTIS just stopped working today WHAT NEXT. I am taking it back to the dealer as when I bought it from the guy I made him have Roy Foss put new Valves ,CTIS line ETC..
It was working up until yesterday and this morning it just quit on me

Guyana I do not know any really really good trails in the GTA to be honest. We go to the Pickering Pits from time to time and there is an abandoned gravel pit in Whitevale we test our trucks on.
SOME REALLY CRAZY HILLS(ALMOST VERTICAL) so I would'nt really reccoment it for the 4 runner/samuri unless they are built off road rigs.

Andrew

Old 02-15-2008, 09:21 PM

got new ignition today going to tinker with it over the weekend... but sad to say i kind of think my starter issue is a flywheel

Sorry to hear about your CTIS issues... what exactly happened?

Old 02-15-2008, 11:05 PM

Thanks for the replies, makes me want to come up to london one weekend.

Old 02-15-2008, 11:15 PM

There is some trails around your area I just never been but I do intend to check out some trails out that way. Ill do some research and let you know.

Old 02-16-2008, 12:05 AM

InJun I really cannot explain what exactly happened as I am noy quite sure. I can hear the CTIS motor from inside the truck as usual and it all sounds normal. There is just no inflation happening?
I just changed the Valves and lines so my guess would be that one of the inflation lines from the Main pump to the wheels cracked?? I popped all of the caps off and took a look at the visiabe lines on each whel and everything sems to be in Order.

Old 02-16-2008, 12:44 AM

Uhmmm... well usually if there is a leak anywhere you will be loosing tire pressure.... my guess is it could be condensation turned into ice blocking airflow.... or your tire select switch is closed both ends... but dont quote me on either of these.... Do you hear your over pressure valve discharging?

Old 02-19-2008, 05:53 PM

Any pics of these lifted H1's?

Quick Reply: LIFT KITS ????