PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

LIFT KITS ????

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 08:28 PM
Default LIFT KITS ????

Hey Guys I am new on here and I would appreciate some help/Opinion's on suspension/Body lifts.

I have a 2003 Wagon and I would like to do a suspension/body lift. what do you guys suggest??? I am looking to do between 2-4 inches and I do not like the big gap between the rear bumper and the body!
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Andrew

Old 02-10-2008, 08:34 PM
Default RE: LIFT KITS ????

I dont know much but im guessing just a body spacers and some bigger tires

Old 02-10-2008, 10:42 PM

It all depends on what you want... I just wanted 2" lift that was cheap to fit some 40" tires... so I went with a suspension lift from bluehummer it is cheap(not as cheap as body lifts kit price) but the suspension lift is alot easier to do and in the end is alot cheaper than a body lift due to fabrication of stuff extra parts not listed labour etc... There is also JAustin Fab kits that at 6-10" very pricey though but the 6" is very nice in my opinion although I have not seen one personally I have looked at the parts supplied and high res pics of them installed and look very good.
And like I said body lifts are also an option... although they do give you that gap between the bumpers also make your air hooks(on the hood) go into the hood both of which can be fabricated to look original(spacer on the lift hook or some people bolted fake hooks to the hood) and you can also get a custom bumper fabbed so its flush with your rear body or a gap filler from an alpha or after market site will also do the trick... I would personally go with custom bumper will give you better depart angle and look alot more better in general. Also with body kits you will need a longer fuel tank strap and fuel input tube also will need to fab link extensions for your transmission/tcase and if your pushing the lift high will have to cut the firewall and patch it so your steering column clears... another thing you have to do is put more foam around your rad so it catches the wind. and lets not forget if you have a wrap around brush guard you will need to move the mounting points 2" higher to clear the higher hood... so yea alot involved with body lift but look on the bright side you will have space for a bigger engine

Old 02-10-2008, 10:50 PM

WOW, i never knew a body lift was that complicated thanks for teacher me something injunfarian

Old 02-10-2008, 10:58 PM
Super Moderator

Good info Injun. I think RonB may be able to opine on this topic also.

Old 02-10-2008, 11:03 PM

np... i didnt know either untill i was in the market for one... I was going to go with the body lift due to suspensions being 2-20 times the cost but when i found out that installing it would be all that i opted for a 2" susp lift from bluehummmer $900 for kit $480 installation cost

Old 02-10-2008, 11:28 PM

Injun I appreciate all of your factual information in your above post. I see that blue hummer offer 2 different 2 inch lift kits.
This is exactly what I was looking for just a little something that will give me just that little extra on the trail. I love the J-Auston kits but they are too overkill for me (personally)

1) with 2 front springs and 2 steel lifters $995
2) 4 steel 2 inch lifters $795

It says that it is recomended to go with the 2 springs and 2 lifters if your front springs are alrady sagging and if they are not to go with the 4 lifters.
Which one did you go with??

As my truck is an 03 I don't believe that that my front springs are sagging I was going to go with the 4 lifters?? Any thoughts/comments?

Old 02-10-2008, 11:31 PM

Hey I just notied that you are Canadian anf from Ontario where abouts??????
I live in Toronto .

Andrew

Old 02-10-2008, 11:33 PM

i went with the 2 springs and 2 lifters due to sagging springs... although 4 lifters all the way around would be easier to get new springs if they do sag... standard size springs.... but with the extra coil on the spring version of the kit you will have that much more articulation also as long as dave supplies them they are cheaper than OEM front springs....

Old 02-10-2008, 11:33 PM

im from london ontario... how about you?

Quick Reply: LIFT KITS ????