PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

LIFT KITS ????

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 11:42 PM
Default RE: LIFT KITS ????

I actually live in Toronto
Scarborough to be exact. A friend of mine Ryan owns a 4x4 shop in London called" Off road addictions" (heard of it??) He is a Ford and Jeep guy.

We should get together sometime and go wheeling . I only have 1 friend to really go offroading with me and he has a 89 TD right hand drive Toyota Landcuiser from Japan that's jacked 4 inches and has 37's. We need to find more people to go with!!

If you are ever planning to go anywhere just let me know and we are in.

Back to the suspension lift. Where did you have it installed????
I am going to go with the 4 lifters.

Andrew

Old 02-10-2008, 11:48 PM

yea thats where I picked up my remote for my winch.... great guy.
As for wheeling together yea you should come to delaware sometime alot of local H1's go there use to be 4 H1's that went but one of the guys sold his rig so now only 3 but still good times... also goto a few other places as well....

As for where I had mine installed I got phil to do it from Calodin great guy did an excellent job. You can see pics of my H1 with liftkit on the sights and sounds section of this site.... I am still running the 37"s have a set of 38"s I will be putting on come spring then hopefully next year when the 38"s are done I will get some 39.5 Iroks put on it and stick with those.

Old 02-11-2008, 07:23 AM

As Injunfarian mentioned, a suspension lift won't create any gap between the body and rear bumper, but a body lift will.
I closed the gap by modifying the frame after doing my body lift, but that is a bit extreme for most regular Hummer folks, since it involves cutting and welding...

http://www.serious4x4.com/lift.html

Old 02-11-2008, 11:44 AM

ORIGINAL: hmcoleap

As Injunfarian mentioned, a suspension lift won't create any gap between the body and rear bumper, but a body lift will.
I closed the gap by modifying the frame after doing my body lift, but that is a bit extreme for most regular Hummer folks, since it involves cutting and welding...

http://www.serious4x4.com/lift.html

I plan to do similar thing when I do my body lift.... look a whole lot better and definately functional... but just curious why didnt you extend your bumper totally across? I know full length bumper is what saved my body from sliding back into trees

Old 02-11-2008, 01:27 PM

Thanks Guys for all of the helpful info. I think I now know what I will be using for my truck.

Injun I would def like to wheel with you guys whenever you go!
Keep in touch.

Andrew

Old 02-11-2008, 03:07 PM

YTH1 will do... my H1 is heading to phils tonight or tommorrow(starter/ignition problems) if you want to see an H1 with Daves liftkit in person it isnt too far from you. Wont be hard to ID... 2" higher than the rest... 2 big air horns and a flat back slantback top on it.

Old 02-11-2008, 03:26 PM

InJun where is Phil's place???? I am assuming he works on H1's. I am not familiar. Sorry to hear that you are having trouble!
I wouldnt mind seeing the lift kit in person.

I just went through starting problems last week with my truck and it happned to be the lifter pump/relay. I bought a relocation kit that now mounts under the hood of my truck so that it desent get so hot where the factory pump is.

I am still undecided on weather to order the 2 springs and 2 lifters or all 4 lifters .Such as toss up LOL

Old 02-11-2008, 03:42 PM

Phils place is in Calodin... King St at Airport Road.. basically take the Airport road from Toronto Airport all the way out to Calodin(about 20min drive) and once there take the right at the only set of lights and it is 2-3 houses down... he works on mostly H1's and is very knowledgable and CHEAP! definately a goto guy for southwestern ontario.

And yea my starter problems are due to my old mechanic that I use to goto... cant do anything right... and to think my H1 was running good this winter without the need of a block heater!

And I was undecided on what to get lift wise as well... but once i noticed my front springs sagging it was no question....

Old 02-12-2008, 02:47 PM

YTH1 my truck isnt at phils it was suppose to go out there yestarday but couldnt unlock my steering wheels to get it straight on the flat bed... so if you end up going to phils it wont be there... dunno when i will be able to get it out there.

Old 02-12-2008, 03:16 PM
Super Moderator

YTH, you better watch some of Injun's videos before you decide to go wheelin with him. LOL

Quick Reply: LIFT KITS ????