PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Just bought my first hummer!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2012, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by drtom
i would encourage you to drive your new h3 a day or two and get a feel for the stock power,stab the gas and see how long you can keep it floored,see if you can do some power slides ,sideways like they do in the car commercials.
realize that you cannot ever n0r will not ever need the stock power other than weekends at the drag strip!!

btw the traction control/stability control takes all the fun out of using all the power of even the lowly,lazy i5. its hard to make sliding commercials,try it at walmart after hours!

i drive to west pa 3 times a year and even in the hills i can never use the i5 power. when i push the gas,it goes faster up hill or down so any money spent on intake mods would fit nicely in the gas tank! youll never need or use the tiny power increase,if any at all

hey,but its fun bolting stuff on,have at if and have fun. no off road huh?
well its not all about 1/4 mile times...i have a 500hp twin turbo bmw so if i want to go fast, ill drive that..the intake, exhaust, and even the chip make the engine run more efficiently which could mean more mpg's.to be honest ive modded every car ive ever owned, and i plan on doing the same with the H3 even if its not the fastest thing on the street..its just a hobby of mine, a hobby that im sure many others on this forum share...

Old 01-09-2012, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by TAINTER
Not sure about the Vivid.

The difference between the Cortex and Flashpaq is that the Cortex can program more than 1 GM Gas vehicle (for a nominal fee) where as the Flashpaq can only program 1.

Hope this helps!
well i have no need for tuning more than one vehicle so i guess the flashpaq is right for me..thanks for the reply

Old 01-09-2012, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by H3Alpha21
well its not all about 1/4 mile times...i have a 500hp twin turbo bmw so if i want to go fast, ill drive that..the intake, exhaust, and even the chip make the engine run more efficiently which could mean more mpg's.to be honest ive modded every car ive ever owned, and i plan on doing the same with the H3 even if its not the fastest thing on the street..its just a hobby of mine, a hobby that im sure many others on this forum share...
Yup...I'm guilty of this!