PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm new in the Hummer Field,, I just Bought a 2006 Hummer H2 Pewter Metallic,Question

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2015, 03:22 PM
Question I'm new in the Hummer Field,, I just Bought a 2006 Hummer H2 Pewter Metallic,Question

I am parking The Beast in my garage next to my Nissan Armada and I have the Factory Rim's and Tires on this hummer but I am wanting to get some different Rims and Tires any Ideas? I also want to add that as of right now its Sitting Factory ( no left ) and at the highest part of The Beast I am clearing the top marker lights by prob. 2 or 3 inch and I don't have the roof Racks on top either.So I know that's a mouth full but I would like to get bigger rims but I'm worried about keeping the Beast at its currant height and also get some roof racks for it.

Attached Thumbnails I'm new in the Hummer Field,, I just Bought a 2006 Hummer H2 Pewter Metallic,Question-2006-hummer-h2.jpg  
Old 01-17-2015, 04:43 PM

I went with bigger rims as soon as I could afford to. Went with 20's. I wasn't a fan of the turbine style factory rim and 17's look outdated.

I went with toyo open country at2 extremes. 35x12.50x20

Attached Thumbnails I'm new in the Hummer Field,, I just Bought a 2006 Hummer H2 Pewter Metallic,Question-image.jpg  
Old 01-18-2015, 08:42 PM

Did going to the 20s change the drivability much?

Old 01-18-2015, 09:46 PM

I managed to park my H2 in the garage with roof racks on top and bigger than original chrome rims and tires! Clearence is very minimal, but it's okay! Try to install first roof racks and if your Hummer still fit in to the garage try after that to find out what is diameter of new tires installed on new rims? After that compare it with measurement of diameter ofyour current rims+ tires. May be it won't be big difference between them. Your new tires could be lower profile compare to your original BF Goodrich tires.

Old 01-19-2015, 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by Bigblueoval
Did going to the 20s change the drivability much?
The ride is a little stiffer as there isn't as much sidewall to cushion the ride. Not a big deal though. The tires still the same height- 35" as oem.

Attached Thumbnails I'm new in the Hummer Field,, I just Bought a 2006 Hummer H2 Pewter Metallic,Question-image.jpg  

Last edited by madmayo; 01-19-2015 at 08:17 AM.
Old 01-19-2015, 08:09 AM

As mentioned above you can simply make sure you stick with the same diameter tire which is right at 35". I am running a 35x12.5x20 Toyo Open Country AT2 Extreme tire on a set of black 20X8.5 XD Rockstar wheels. Drives like stock.

Here is a crappy pic from my phone I took last month when I brought home our Christmas tree.

Attached Thumbnails I'm new in the Hummer Field,, I just Bought a 2006 Hummer H2 Pewter Metallic,Question-hummer-pic.jpg  
Old 01-19-2015, 02:52 PM

That is why I installed 8 ft garage doors in the past since I knew I wanted a hummer some day haha

Old 01-19-2015, 03:11 PM

If you want to keep the offroad capabilities and look of the 2 then stay with the stock 17" size or 18". You want big sidewalls, not to mentioned tires are half the price of 20's.

Look at Method race wheels. That's what I put on mine and others have used. They are great wheels and the black coatings look awesome!

Here's a pic of mine:

Name:  20140729_185757.jpg
Views: 2489
Size:  100.9 KB

Old 01-20-2015, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by LoJac963
If you want to keep the offroad capabilities and look of the 2 then stay with the stock 17" size or 18". You want big sidewalls, not to mentioned tires are half the price of 20's.

Look at Method race wheels. That's what I put on mine and others have used. They are great wheels and the black coatings look awesome!

Here's a pic of mine:

Sweet rig LoJac. Tastefully done.

I totally agree. If you're into any hardcore wheeling such as rock crawling etc. you are going to want to stay with 17's or 18's. To be able to air down and have your tread envelope the terrain. I was going to go with 18's and M/T's but my jeep friends tell me my deuce would never make it through the trails we have as the jeeps barely fit. Not without caving in doors and quarter panels.

Will my 20's and a/T's get me down a fire road to where I need to drop my atv off? Yes.

Could they get me to the swampy bog my jeep is stuck in ? Probably.

It all comes down to what your needs are.

And yes 20's are expensive especially in Canada. Mine were $500 and change and he knocked 50 off each.

I think if you went with 20" rims and 37" tires you would have the sidewall to be able to air down for wheeling and it would update the look of the deuce. It would be pricey though. JMO

Last edited by madmayo; 01-20-2015 at 11:59 AM.
Old 01-22-2015, 11:55 PM

It All Depends on what kind of ride you're wanting! You can get some tires that will make it ride as smooth as a Luxury car (as long as you Don't put too much air in the tires). Or, you can compromise looks for ride, MPG, etc... also if you go with a 17" wheel compared to a bigger one like a 20" or bigger, then your rear end gear ratio will be higher or lower depending on how you look at it. it ALL depends on What suits YOUR driving, off-road or whatever! GL & put some pics up when you get them! It looks good having a Rugged looking off-road tire, but is it worth it when your on the highway & your vehicle is going 60-70+ & it starts shaking or the tires are whinning?

Quick Reply: I'm new in the Hummer Field,, I just Bought a 2006 Hummer H2 Pewter Metallic,Question