PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Jeep Owners

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 02:06 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Jeep Owners

ummm.... you sure have a few facts wrong.... there are not two jeeps going through.... next off.... the jeep with the winch that pulled meout got stuck in the same hole 3 times... and gave up.... the h3 couldn't pull me out.... next off... none of the 5 jeeps in the picture made it.... they all took the go arounds....

I made it through that hole once... and got stuck 2 times.... once it took 2 winches to get me out.... once only one....

If I had 37" tires I would make it.... my extra low 9.7" ground clearance you pointed out hangs me out to dry....

If you would ever bring your *** down here you would see that you can't make it through that hole either.... and I have $100 that says thatRubi will be winched out....

dik....

Old 10-15-2007, 02:16 PM

I knew that would get stuckinuddles all wound up[8D][8D]

Old 10-15-2007, 02:28 PM

ORIGINAL: importkiller

To be fair to the h2's I've never seen the bus get stuck (sorry..got's to be nice to the legend)
it's been stuck. the second day i owned it i had the front tires buried to the hubs and the skid plate had enough suction on the clay that i wasn't going anywhere on my own. took 2 toyota pickups to get me out, and the pic was up on pirate 4x4 that evening. i have no problem with getting stuck, or asking for help. i know the limitations and try not to exceed them too much. i just don't post pics of people stuck, regardless of what they're driving - if you're not getting stuck, you're not trying hard enough. i don't really understand the whole one versus the other arguments, it's all fun and crappy attitudes just get in the way . . . . . . . . personally, i'd love to have my old 4Runner back, not as a replacement, but as something else to play with. if the wifey would give the ok, i'd have a jeep in the driveway now. i'd even take an FJ, the looks are starting to grow on me.

Old 10-15-2007, 02:31 PM

I just lost all sorts of respect for you after that last comment you made about the fj

Old 10-15-2007, 05:49 PM

i'd even take an FJ, the looks are starting to grow on me.
.......................That is the most depressing statement said since I've been here

Old 10-15-2007, 09:32 PM

you have to understand shorty...he sometimes switches into different personalities...not to worry, he'll be back to normal soon

Old 10-16-2007, 12:44 PM

no really, they are starting to grow on me, kinda like the dodge pickups did when they came out with the new front ends many moons ago. but i said i'd "take" one, i didn't say i'd pay money for one, there's a big difference.

Old 10-16-2007, 02:50 PM

kinda like I said about the vehicross thing a few years back...don't know why exactly but I liked that thing

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/sh...php?photo=9938

can't get the image to load but this lik should bring you there.

Old 10-16-2007, 08:14 PM

Final crawl ratio H2-33.12:1 RUBI - 65.92:1

approach H2 - 40.8 - 42.8 RUBI - 44.3
Departure H2 - 39.6 - 40.0 RUBI - 40.4
Breakover H2 - 25.8 - 27.5 RUBI 25.4 (Less on 4 door)
Ground clearance - H2 9.7 RUBI - 10.1
I think the h2 only has one locker, an eaton rear locker....RUBI has two.

So the Rubi has a much better crawl ratio...the h2 crawl ratio isn't all that great at all, in fact the h3 has a better crawl ratio than the h2...the Rubi is better in every other catagory than the h2 other than breakover angle...so why is the h2 better than a rubi again? And the h2 will NEVER become a popular trail machine even when they get cheap used ones on teh market because anyone building trail rig will want a solid front axle...an IFS will never be as good as a SFA and most avid offroaders realize this. Now that bieng said I of course would take an h2 over a rubi for an all around vehicle but they were built for two different things. I don't really see what the arguement here is, the h2 wasn't made to be an all out off road machine like the rubi was, the numbers prove it.
again, not bieng a dik..I like both, just pointing out the facts is all.
Now that we are splitting hairs I must correct you.

Seeing as the Rubicon is Jeeps offroad pride and joy. We would have to compair that to the H2 Adventure Series. Mind you the Adventure has Air Ride/Height adjustable suspension specifically designed to increase ground clearance during offroading. With that being said we need to change the Angles a bit see below:

approach H2 - 42.8 RUBI - 44.3
Departure H2 - 40.0 RUBI - 40.4
Breakover H2 -27.5 RUBI 25.4 (Less on 4 door)
Ground clearance - H29.7 from bottom of rear diff RUBI - 10.2-we know this is not from bottom of rear diff. Itis not possible.
In fact if you measure the h2's ground clearanceto the frame rails it is over 12 inches!!!!!
I think the h2 only has one locker, an eaton rear locker....RUBI has two.--Hummer does not require front locker as is uses BTM to put the power where it is needed.

All of the Data I changed from you chart was corrected by the Data on Jeep and Hummer manufacturer web sites.
See Jeep Site: http://www-5.jeep.com/vehsuite/VehicleCompare.jsp

Keep in mind as well im sure that while the Rubi has better angles this does not Immediatly mean it hasbetter bumper ground clearance. Also the angel differences are so minor that they are realy irrelivant.

In regards to your crawl ratio--Yup the Jeep has it. But the Hummer has more power/torque per pound than the Rubi

08 Rubi=4080 Lbs and 202Hp and 237ft/lbsGiving you 1hp for every 20.19lbs. or 1ft/lb for 17.21Lbs
08 H2 =6400 Lbs and 393Hp and 415ft/lbsGiving you 1hp for every 16.28lbs. or 1ft/lb for 15.42Lbs
Final crawl ratio H2-39.7:1 RUBI - 65.92:1--Sorry your numbers were old andI want to compare the 2 newest models.

So you are right it was not made to be ONLY an all out off road machine. It was built to do what the Rubi can do and more

For Example:
Towing: H2 can tow 8200lbs and Rubi---Get ready a whopping 2000lbs **When properly Equiped**

Payload: H2 can haul 2,200lbs and Rubi--921 lbs. Wow so you can take 3 of your buddies with you and no gear!!!!!

So like I stated earlier, the H2will pretty much go anywhere the the Rubi can go.

[b]Not trying to be a dik eighter just want to make sure we get all of the facts right. Impy

Old 10-16-2007, 11:54 PM

[quote]ORIGINAL: HumminNBoatin

Mind you the Adventure has Air Ride/Height adjustable suspension specifically designed to increase ground clearance during offroading. not the case at all, although it can be used that way. the reason for the air ride was for towing, in order to eliminate the rear end sag. it was not put there for offroading, as it is constantly in use trying to keep the vehicle level. in fact, it's a pain in the *** on the trail, and i'm damn glad i don't have it on the bus.

I think the h2 only has one locker, an eaton rear locker....RUBI has two.--Hummer does not require front locker as is uses BTM to put the power where it is needed. How the hell can a Hummer use BTM? BTM is Brake Throttle Modulation,controlled solely by the driver, and can be done in my daughter's honda civic, which ain't exactly an offroad beast. the only thing the H2 has that could help the front wheels off road is the TCS, and that will typically grenade your front diff if you're in 4LO.

For Example:
Towing: H2 can tow 8200lbs and Rubi---Get ready a whopping 2000lbs **When properly Equiped** the manual is full of $hit concerning towing capacity and i don't see what that has to do with offroad comparisons, which is what the thread was about.let's keep the conversation centered.

Payload: H2 can haul 2,200lbs and Rubi--921 lbs. Wow so you can take 3 of your buddies with you and no gear!!!!! again, who cares, that isn't the point of the argument.

So like I stated earlier, the H2will pretty much go anywhere the the Rubi can go. except on trails that it won't fit between the trees or boulders. i can go places the rubi can't go (stop wttin' yourself impy) and the rubi can do the same thing. just a simple fact, deal with it.
this whole argument is a total load of $hit. 2 totally different vehicles with nothing in common other than the fact that they inspire loyalty and rivalry.and if you're going to argue, at least have your facts straight.

both of you get no supper before bed - now go sit in the corner.

Quick Reply: Jeep Owners