PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Jeep Owners

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2007, 01:57 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Jeep Owners

^^^ and that is why Cheeps will always be popular.... because of their loyal homerish fanbase....

Old 10-13-2007, 05:02 PM

nah...not homerish...just factHummer realized this and designed the h3 to compete....and if they would have released it with a solid front axle, locker(s) that can be used above 20mph and put real tires on them...then I would rethink my opinion....until then it's not even a valid arguement because they arent in the same class....this is just when comparing the rubi...compare a base h3 to any wrangler other than a rubi and the h3 wins, other wranglers come with chit axles that can't handle over 33's too well and will need lots O' cash to make it compete with a hummer.

BTW...the "Cheep" in my siggy cost $36,000 stock....they ain't cheeps anymore

Old 10-13-2007, 05:49 PM
Super Moderator

But like I said..... Real Jeep owners are like Real Hummer owners... few and far between.... we probably have more Real Jeep owners here than the Jeep forums.... it's a fact.... the mall crawl picture is a solid stereotype of the average Jeep owner. I actually had a dude that owned a 05 Wrangler with a 4.0 and 31's (no other mods other than 8000000 lights that are not hooked up)tell me he would tow my bronco down the street and run circles around it.... He is one of hundred of guys that I have had to deal with while wheeling....

Old 10-13-2007, 10:19 PM

well...people like that are idiots no matter what they driveThey belong in a FJ

BTW...I like both vehicles...and I am called a hummer homer on the Jeep forums because I defend the hummer as much as I defend the rubicon here. I still say there that the rubi is a better off road machine but I don't let the hummer get bashed and I have called out plenty TJ andJK unlimited owners who think their wranglers (non rubi) are hot chit. I'm just playing the devils advocate to keep the discussions balanced. But now that I am an import tuner I may have to trade the jk and the h3 in on a pathfinder and an fj[:'(]

Old 10-14-2007, 09:14 AM

Import,

I hear you on the Trails versesOpen wheeling with the H2. But as far as rock crawling etc... The 2 goes anywhere the Rubi will go and then some. However on Tight trails we just cant go[sm=boohoo.gif][sm=boohoo.gif][sm=boohoo.gif]. I do to hate that about my 2. I also agree with you on people not seeing it as on offroad vehicle, however anyone who has ever wheeled one or seen video footage knows they are. I ONLY agree with you because you will only see 1/100 Hummer to Jeep out wheeling. For 2 simple reasons.
1. Most peopl who by them will never wheel them. They would rather go to the Country Club and play 18 holes than Wheel
2.Sales, Jeeps have been around for 50+/yrs??? and still out sell the H2 and H3???? As way more jeeps are produced. H2's and H3's have only been out for a couple of years. Hummer has not put in its dues to be considered an everyday offroader YET. H2/H3 are not even a Decade old yet. It will take some time. Rubicons are not cheap nor expensivelike $30K???? I guarantee when prices come down to 5k-10k for used Hummers as they age(lets face it most jeepson the trails are in this price range)Wheelers will start buying them up and they will become as common to the trails or open wheeling areas where Jeep is currently King.
Please do not take this as disagreement or me trying to be an ******* as I stated earlier I am aHugeJeepFanas well. Just trying to give you a different angle to look at it too.

Doc, bases on simple physics Longer wheel base comes in handy when climbing steep verticle slopes. The longer your wheel base the less likly you are to flip. But its also a pain in the *** on tight trails.

Old 10-14-2007, 09:45 AM

A few friends have Jeeps, Rubis and Wranglers and they are not their primary vehicle. These little buggers are great in the woods, swamps, rocks and hills. I firmly believe that a Rubicon is a more formidable 4 wheeler than a Stock Hummer anything...

HOWEVER.. For an all around vehicle that has lots of room, a great ride and still a beast offroad I don't really think you can compare any Jeep product to the H2 or H3.

I drove my H3 to Moab from Dallas this past May. We ended up a little over 3K miles in 12 days. I could not imagine taking that trip in a Jeep. When we got to Moab we went for some light wheelin (first time off road with my 6 month old H3) had a great time and felt like the ride to and from was as first class as you get.

For me, I'd love to have an old Jeep beaterupper to take out to places like Barnwell. I cringe taking my H3 through stuff like Barnwell with all the tight trails and brush everywhere, really scratches up the paint on that wide H3. However out in Moab, it's a different story. Big open country, no tight trails that will kill your paint, H3 is in its element there and on the highway.

The Rubi can climb all over places like Moab but I would not want to drive one from Dallas to Moab and back. So IMHO, each has it's merits. The H3 is perfect for me, 90% street and the occasional wheelin trails but like I said, I'd have no problem having a Jeep for knocking around strictly off road hardcore trails.

Old 10-14-2007, 11:44 AM

Final crawl ratio H2-33.12:1 RUBI - 65.92:1

approach H2 - 40.8 - 42.8 RUBI - 44.3
Departure H2 - 39.6 - 40.0 RUBI - 40.4
Breakover H2 - 25.8 - 27.5 RUBI 25.4 (Less on 4 door)
Ground clearance - H2 9.7 RUBI - 10.1
I think the h2 only has one locker, an eaton rear locker....RUBI has two.

So the Rubi has a much better crawl ratio...the h2 crawl ratio isn't all that great at all, in fact the h3 has a better crawl ratio than the h2...the Rubi is better in every other catagory than the h2 other than breakover angle...so why is the h2 better than a rubi again? And the h2 will NEVER become a popular trail machine even when they get cheap used ones on teh market because anyone building trail rig will want a solid front axle...an IFS will never be as good as a SFA and most avid offroaders realize this. Now that bieng said I of course would take an h2 over a rubi for an all around vehicle but they were built for two different things. I don't really see what the arguement here is, the h2 wasn't made to be an all out off road machine like the rubi was, the numbers prove it.
again, not bieng a dik..I like both, just pointing out the facts is all.

Old 10-14-2007, 01:23 PM
Super Moderator

What's the numbers on your ricer??

Old 10-14-2007, 04:03 PM

gonna have to put that on hold till I get my turbo and exhaust installed[sm=gears.gif]

Old 10-14-2007, 04:14 PM

ORIGINAL: Muddydawg75

seriously..... jeeps are awesome.... especially in the treacherous mini mart parking lots....

I'll never forget the day Injun posted this.... I saved it and have forwarded it 100 times
hmm......looks like the jeep is stuck in nastier stuff than this poor soul..plus this isa stock sahara with street tires

now you'll notice how the vaunted H2 was going in the same direction that at least two Jeeps have gone then sat watching the all powerful h2 get..:cough: ..."high centered" Also notice how the poor H2 driver must swallow his pride as he gets yanked out by an H3To be fair to the h2's I've never seen the bus get stuck (sorry..got's to be nice to the legend)

People make fun of Bob's Blacktop Beauty (new name for ya Bob) but I think he is only doing to his H2 what it was made for...to look pimp when cruising the stripYOU GO BOB!!!!!

(that should cause some chit....lol)

Quick Reply: Jeep Owners