PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

I sank my HUMMER; now the security system is going nuts?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2010, 08:27 AM
Banned

lol I've got pics. I even have a video of my buddies cummins that yanked me out. I'm just waiting for my insurance to do its thing and let this all blow over before I post anything.

Old 09-22-2010, 03:27 PM

Wait, so you're alright with telling the entire interwebz about how you sank your truck, but you're not going to tell your insurance provider?? Classy.

Good luck making up a story explaining why you have a waterline up to your a-pillar. Here, I'll give you a start: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yyKrS8jwSY Blame it on a GPS "malfunction".

Old 09-23-2010, 04:48 PM

Well back to the topic, It looks like most anti-theft system is run by body control module. There is the immobilizer part in the ignition switch and of course the door switches, but all info is processed in BCM. So you will probably be looking at a BCM replacement, reprogramming, and of course diagnostic charges.There is a possibility of the engine control module (ECM) being damaged from an electrial short from the BCM. HTH.

Old 09-24-2010, 12:28 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Hummer Aficionado_VT
Wait, so you're alright with telling the entire interwebz about how you sank your truck, but you're not going to tell your insurance provider?? Classy.

Good luck making up a story explaining why you have a waterline up to your a-pillar. Here, I'll give you a start: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yyKrS8jwSY Blame it on a GPS "malfunction".
No, you little nuisance; thats not what happened. I like to think of "classy" as your particular way of assumptions and lack of comprehension. I told the insurance company EXACTLY what happened. But I dont need pics and video floating around until everything blows over.

Carry on now!

Originally Posted by Chunk54
Well back to the topic, It looks like most anti-theft system is run by body control module. There is the immobilizer part in the ignition switch and of course the door switches, but all info is processed in BCM. So you will probably be looking at a BCM replacement, reprogramming, and of course diagnostic charges.There is a possibility of the engine control module (ECM) being damaged from an electrial short from the BCM. HTH.
Excellent input thanks man. I had a feeling it was the bcm; but I did not know the bcm controlls the passlock 2 system. I'm awaiting my insurance adjuster to check it out and get back to me

Old 09-24-2010, 02:39 AM

Wow man this thread needs some account cleaning. So what the guy sunk his H3, atleast he's out using his Hummer like a Hummer should be used. In my book if u havent got water in your H3 you havent been deep enough to even say you own one . He's gunna get a newer, better Hummer anyways so HA to you in the end. Post the pics whenever you get your NEWER H3 85_305

Old 09-24-2010, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by Quiksilver-H3
Wow man this thread needs some account cleaning. So what the guy sunk his H3, atleast he's out using his Hummer like a Hummer should be used. In my book if u havent got water in your H3 you havent been deep enough to even say you own one . He's gunna get a newer, better Hummer anyways so HA to you in the end. Post the pics whenever you get your NEWER H3 85_305
I must have missed the part in my users manual where it told me to succumb to peer pressure and drive my truck in to deep water with bald tires. Making sure in the process, that I get stuck and my electronics get damaged. Otherwise...how would I ever know that I truly own my Hummer?

Thank you for enlightening me on how "a Hummer should be used".

While I'm sure 85_305 appreciates your enthusiasm, some of us own up to our mistakes instead of lying to our insurance companies. I'm pretty sure that's called fraud.

Originally Posted by Quiksilver-H3
so HA to you in the end
What are you, like 12?

Old 09-24-2010, 08:59 AM
Banned

So apparently you missed the part where I said I didn't lie to my insurance company? The HUMMER dealership said not to lie, that he's seen waterlogged motors and everything come in and the insurance ALWAYS covers them, so why lie?

Some of you guys are really thick. Yes I said I succumbed to peer pressure. Whilst being true, it's not the highlight of the situation. As far as owning up to my mistakes, I'm pretty sure there isn't anything more I could say that I haven't already said to own up to it.

As much as I appreciate the attention from everybody, the 85_305-nutswinging really does get old.

Old 09-24-2010, 09:12 AM

Yes, I did miss the part where you came clean with your insurance company. My apologies for assuming, based on other posts. Honestly, whenever I see your name on a post I usually skip over it, because I have enough inane drivel in my daily routine.

While my post used you, it wasn't directed AT you. It was in response to Quiksilver-H3's ridiculous post advocating your actions as how "a Hummer should be used" and wasn't intended as more "85_305-nutswinging".

Old 09-24-2010, 11:01 AM
Banned

It's all good.

Old 09-24-2010, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by H3DONIST
Yes, I did miss the part where you came clean with your insurance company. My apologies for assuming, based on other posts. Honestly, whenever I see your name on a post I usually skip over it, because I have enough inane drivel in my daily routine.

While my post used you, it wasn't directed AT you. It was in response to Quiksilver-H3's ridiculous post advocating your actions as how "a Hummer should be used" and wasn't intended as more "85_305-nutswinging".
Great exchange guys. We are all here because we love our Hummers and share our ideas. Happy wheelin or grocery gettin or however we chose to use em.

Quick Reply: I sank my HUMMER; now the security system is going nuts?