PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How Much Is Too Much?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 02:37 PM

Just depends on what YOU like, not other people. Some people like chrome some don't. I got tired of cleaning it so I took it off mine when I got new wheels. The plastic chrome coated stuff eventually pits or peels after a year or two though.

Old 03-09-2010, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by Maize
Sounds awesome, man!
I have the Boulder Grey also. I have the chrome accents on the handles, side mirrors, and running boards.

Got any pics of yours you could post? I'd really like to see what your ride looks like with the extra chrome accents.
I will take some pics and post them in a few weeks as soon as I can clean the thing. We have snow and salt....upstate NY what else is new.

Old 03-09-2010, 11:06 AM

Like everyone else said, it's a personal choice. For me, no chrome at all would be good. If you like it, it's not too much.

I do however reserve the right to snicker (quietly) if I think it's over-blinged. Don't let that deter you, you're the one driving it.

Old 03-09-2010, 11:21 AM

I agree personal choice, get what you want. The only 08 H3 Alpha I could find with offroad package as they called it in 08 had the LUX with Chrome pkg. I traded at the dealer for aluminum wheels, black mirrors and door handles. They took the chrome steps off and the "Chrome" brush guard on mine is really "polished stainless steel" it is really nice and strong as well. They said they did not want to swap that for some reason. Money I guess. It was listed at about $750. I have it listed for sale but not much interest. I drove 10 miles home, took it off and put on a winch mount/brush guard.
$300 plus shipping. It is probably lost in the classifieds and there are pictures there.
I replaced the chrome fuel door with a black billit and highlighted hummer with silver paint.
I used the old one for a mod piggy bank door. Collector's item now.
https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=13145

Last edited by Hunner; 03-09-2010 at 11:38 AM.
Old 03-09-2010, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by bflank
Like everyone else said, it's a personal choice. For me, no chrome at all would be good. If you like it, it's not too much.

I do however reserve the right to snicker (quietly) if I think it's over-blinged. Don't let that deter you, you're the one driving it.
Haha...
I fully understand it's a personal choice and I wouldn't blame you for snickering. My main concern with adding more chrome on top of the Chrome Pkg. is that it will look tacky and gaudy.