PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H2 minor electrical gremlins

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 10:59 AM
Default H2 minor electrical gremlins

Hi folks,

I just bought a "brand new" (to me) 2003 H2 with only 15k miles. Truck is awesome, looks brand new in every way. However, I have some minor electrical gremlins that aren't making sense and I'd like some advice with.

1. Speedometer fluctuates between 80 and 120mph; stays pegged at 120 most of the time, even when parked with the engine off.

2. When I push the driver's seat positions (1, 2) and/or store positions by holding the buttons down, sometimes the radio changes. Once it turned off my CD and flipped the FM radio on; twice it just flipped to a different CD & a different track. Is this a feature, and if so how do I turn it off? If not, any thoughts?

3. Aren't the interior lights supposed to all be on anytime the doors are opened? I got the truck home last night, turned the engine off, removed the key and opened the driver's door. The interior lights went out. We opened more doors (I was showing the new purchase to the family) and the darn lights wouldn't come on. I had to manually turn them on. This morning, however, the lights are working fine with the doors. I don't get it.

I'm going to have the dealership check all of the grounds Monday morning when they do the wiper module recall (the wipers are crazy, too) but would like any advice I can get in the meantime. Otherwise, the truck is awesome, appears to be literally brand new, no evidence it's ever been off-roaded (I'll fix that, don't worry), heck there's barely any evidence it's been driven at all.

Thank you in advance for any replies!

Old 11-08-2008, 11:25 AM
Default RE: H2 minor electrical gremlins

Speedo is definately the servo motor on the rear of the gauge cluster. Others are probably BCM or settings from the preference menu.

Old 11-08-2008, 06:01 PM

Disconnect the battery for 10 minutes and reconnect. Reseting the computers may make evrything work OK. I had similar issues with my 2005, after a hard reset all is well.

Old 11-08-2008, 11:21 PM

Thanks folks. I'll try the battery trick. Also, I figured out the interior light issue... there's a kill switch underneath the headlight ****. I thought it was a fog light switch and had been playing with it...