PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H2 alpha wish list

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2006, 12:45 AM
Default RE: H2 alpha wish list

ORIGINAL: Last_LS1
Greenblade, I love your posts!
Ain't he awesome...Reading his post's just mesmerizes me[sm=insomnia.gif]

Old 06-28-2006, 01:05 AM

ORIGINAL: Linus Gimp

True, it would save a lot in gas, but are you aware that a full time four wheel drive system, or all wheel drive system is safer in all driving conditions then a two wheel drive system?

Sure I do, and while that's true, I could also say that the safest driving condition would be to not drive at all. I just think it would be nice to have the option of 2wd sometimes.

I live in sunny San Diego California, so people here don't really have any concerns about driving conditions. It doesn't rain much, doesn't snow, once every 2 years it might hail...Heck! We complain about 55 degree winter!!

Greenblade, I love your posts!
Yeah, but as I said; all driving conditions. That includes dry pavement when traction is optimum. Look at all of the high performance "rally race" type cars that are all wheel drive. They aren't meant for snow and ice, they instill spirited driving in dry weather where the added traction afforded by all wheel drive helps the driver retain control. True, a Hummer won't do what those cars will do, but have you ever had to make a sudden swerve to avoid something in the road? Those types of everyday driving emergencies are safer with all wheels powered than with just two, reguardless wether those two are on the front or rear. With your heat, the roads will develope a film of oil from the asphault getting hot and "sweatting", and from dripping oil off passing cars. When it rains, this oil floats to the surface and makes the roads slicker than snake snot on a door **** until it washes away. You can see it as a white foamy stuff collecting in the ruts. All wheel drive is a major bennifit here. Living in the Pacific North West where we dont tan, we rust, most of our traffic accidents when it rains after a dry spell is from non-rain driving people not knowing how to drive in it and deal with that oil.

Old 06-28-2006, 09:35 AM

Yeah, but as I said; all driving conditions. That includes dry pavement when traction is optimum. Look at all of the high performance "rally race" type cars that are all wheel drive. They aren't meant for snow and ice, they instill spirited driving in dry weather where the added traction afforded by all wheel drive helps the driver retain control. True, a Hummer won't do what those cars will do, but have you ever had to make a sudden swerve to avoid something in the road? Those types of everyday driving emergencies are safer with all wheels powered than with just two, reguardless wether those two are on the front or rear. With your heat, the roads will develope a film of oil from the asphault getting hot and "sweatting", and from dripping oil off passing cars. When it rains, this oil floats to the surface and makes the roads slicker than snake snot on a door **** until it washes away. You can see it as a white foamy stuff collecting in the ruts. All wheel drive is a major bennifit here. Living in the Pacific North West where we dont tan, we rust, most of our traffic accidents when it rains after a dry spell is from non-rain driving people not knowing how to drive in it and deal with that oil.
That is true, but there are also many more things that would optimize safety in any driving condition. There are many areas where 4wd or awd just isnt necessary. Driving an audi awd is even safer, because that wouldnt tip over as fast as the hummer.

Old 06-28-2006, 03:36 PM

Rolling over doesn't have much to do with traction, which was the reason I suggested for staying with the full time four wheel drive sysytem. BTW, I believe Jeep offered a system for a while in the Grand Cherokee that was selectible between full time, part time, and low range. To my knowlege it isn't offered anymore, possibly due to its complexity and breakdowns. I don't know for sure.

Old 06-28-2006, 08:22 PM

I agree with you Linus, it is safer to stay in full time 4wd, I'm not arguing there. For me however, it's not a must all the time. If I really wanted to optimize safety I would go with a roll cage + harness combo, tank treads, and a helmet. I'm just saying I would like the option of 2wd. What can I say I like options. When I get fast food somewhere, I sometimes order enough food for 3 people, not because I'm going to eat it all in one sitting(I put the rest in the fridge for later), but I just like options. That's just me! To each his own!

Old 06-28-2006, 08:39 PM

If I really wanted to optimize safety I would go with a roll cage + harness combo, tank treads, and a helmet.

i haven't worn a helmet since elementary school. momma said i couldn't get any worse . . . .[sm=grin.gif]

Old 06-29-2006, 11:48 AM

Rolling over doesn't have much to do with traction
I meant the height of the vehicle, audi vs. h2.

BTW, I believe Jeep offered a system for a while in the Grand Cherokee that was selectible between full time, part time, and low range. To my knowlege it isn't offered anymore, possibly due to its complexity and breakdowns. I don't know for sure.
Nissan works with a fulltime, parttime and automatic awd system on several of their SUVs and trucks maybe also pick-up trucks, I really loved that about my nissan.

Old 06-30-2006, 12:01 PM

thanks LS1, Dennis, you guys are too kind.

i would also like to ask for more cupholders - not the hang-in-window kind, but something neatly blended into the inerior. more cupholders!