PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Guns and Hummers!

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by Hills
Does anyone have a photo of a rifle mounted in the tailgate?
Originally Posted by egroegart
I carry mine on my back hip and it's really uncomfortable driving with it there.
You carry a rifle on your back hip??? You'd make Dirty Harry look like a pansy!

Old 06-11-2013, 08:12 AM

HILLS there is a photo somewhere of either this forum or another of an AK mounted in place of the tire jack. i'll see if i can track it down.

Old 06-11-2013, 09:06 AM

Ha ha, That would really be uncomfortable Broken Halo, I laughed out loud reading that

Old 06-11-2013, 11:58 AM

Evidently I deleted the pic, but I keep my XDm mounted right on the side my shifter similar to the pic posted earlier in here. I just used the hard plastic holster that came with the XDm package since I don't use it for carry.

Old 07-02-2013, 05:59 PM

Hello,
The Hummer you're talking about witht he gun mount is mine. I bought the holster at www.Grassburr.com - and i am looking into mounting my shortened shotgun to the inside of the back door using a Springtail Solution (Springtail Solutions | Molle Pouches & bags | M-PAC Storage rack for Toyota FJ Cruiser and Jeeps | Off Road Storage for Jeeps and Toyota SUVs) however they currently don't have anything for Hummer H3's so I would need to buy a "universal" mount for the MOLLE pouches.

I have my CCP for Washington State, but I typically use it as a transfer. I will carry the pistol in the car while driving in that holster, then when I get ut i just unholster and holster it on my person. It is against the law to leave it in the open where someone can see it. Grassburr makes a cover case that zips up around the mounted holster/pistol, but I am uncomfortable leaving the gun in the car. If I have to go into the bank or something similiar, I just unload and hide the pistol.

I hope that helps.

Last edited by smpfalzer; 07-02-2013 at 06:03 PM.
Old 07-03-2013, 09:22 AM

here in maine there is only a few places that we can not carry inside ( bars,jails, courts, post office, state buildiings, federal buildings, some state parks) banks are not a problem unless posted otherwise. i always carry in a bank or any other other place i know that would be a prime target.
i never enjoy having to be in a place that doesnt allow me to carry. but unfortunatly it happens from time to time.

Old 07-03-2013, 11:33 AM

its comforting to know the bad guys will not carry in a state park or , bank?.
will the postal authorities give us a written guarantee of safety while we are it the "forbidden zone"!!

Old 07-03-2013, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by happythree
its comforting to know the bad guys will not carry in a state park or , bank?.
will the postal authorities give us a written guarantee of safety while we are it the "forbidden zone"!!
This is the biggest issue I have with "gun free zones". Those are areas where only people breaking the law are carrying.

Fortunately in the UT state constitution the right to carry is protected, with certain exceptions. As it is specifically spelled out, you can't carry in federal buildings (fed law), court rooms, prisons, churches IF they post no guns, private residences posted as no guns (which extends to private colleges) and mental institutions. May not be the complete list, but off the top of my head... State parks are ok, as are state buildings unless otherwise noted including public schools. Two or three years ago a law was passed where federal land (not buildings) follow state laws with regard to carry. You can carry in a bar, but wherever you carry if blow over .08 with a gun on your hip it's big trouble. Places like stores, banks, restaurants or theaters with no guns allowed signs seems to be a bit of a gray area, I've read and been told conflicting information. From what I gather those types of places are not specifically protected, so it becomes more of a trespassing type issue and not a gun crime. I'm not positive though, and while not very popular around here if a store has a no guns sign I'll just take my business elsewhere.

Old 07-03-2013, 02:42 PM

I will never understand the concept behind "gun free zones". it makes NO sense! I have signs up at my restaurant encouraging lawfull open/concealed carry. I did have a few irate customers but i had more good comments then bad. people seem to think that we live in a utopia were laws and signs will stop criminal behavior. last time i checked the dictonary the deffinition of a criminal was someone who doesnt obey laws.
logic would dictate that anymore restrictive gun laws and "gun free zones' would only make more unarmed victims.

Old 07-03-2013, 11:22 PM

wow!!!,,a cool guy,,noir? what a bright down to earth guy!!

the other videos,,i never knew that much was happening, a lot of self defense, kids, we never hear about. amazing!!