PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

no guns allowed

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 10:42 AM
Banned
Default no guns allowed

Obama sending more unarmed agents into Mexico

* March 13th, 2011 11:06 am ET

Do you like this Article?

On Friday, Immigration and Customs Enforcement director, John Morton announced that his agency is sending an additional 20 agents to Mexico to combat the growing threat from the cartels.

Of course, these new agents will be unarmed.

When reporters brought up the fact that Agent Jaime Zapata was recently gunned down by Zetas gunmen and unable to defend himself, Morton responded: "We're very cognizant of the fact that we're sending people into a place that's dangerous and we're taking a number of security steps."

Current Mexican law bans foreign law enforcement agents from carrying weapons, even when working on an investigation--a policy over which President Obama recently expressed his approval.

Following last week’s meeting with Mexican President Felipe Calderon, President Obama told reporters that U.S. agents working in Mexico would remain unarmed, saying: “There are laws in place in Mexico that say that our agents should not be armed. We do not carry out law enforcement activities inside of Mexico.”

However, ICE agents by the vary nature of their work in Mexico are carrying out “law enforcement activities inside of Mexico,” and forcing these agents to work and travel without the ability to defend themselves, is undoubtedly placing an even larger a target on their backs.

Agent Zapata was killed on February 15, when he and another agent were shot after encountering a so-called “narco-blockade.”

The second agent survived his wounds and is expected to make a full recovery.

Continue reading on Examiner.com: Obama sending more unarmed agents into Mexico - National drug cartel | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/drug-cartel-...#ixzz1GaZyClV4

Old 03-14-2011, 11:58 AM

Might as well paint huge bulls-eyes on the agents.

I mean really, what are they going to do, walk up and nicely ask...

"Excuse me sir, but would you terrible mind stopping all this nasty and violent drug trade that a large portion of your countries economy happens to be based around?"

Laughable at best.

Old 03-14-2011, 12:11 PM
Banned
Default Laughable at best

sad at best for agents

Old 03-14-2011, 10:37 PM

Nothing out of DC seems to surprise me anymore.

Old 03-15-2011, 03:05 AM

Oh this is not so good because they are taking risks for their life well but it is also important to stop the threats that is going on any one on this earth has to go forward ,i think these men whom Obama has sent have a great will power all the best guys.

Old 03-19-2011, 05:37 PM

I don't think the Mexican Gov't really wants our help cleaning up their "problem".

If they did, they would let us send in our special forces and within 6 months they would have no more problem.

Old 03-19-2011, 06:37 PM

I think we should send John Morton

Old 03-31-2011, 10:55 PM

If you guys fell we should send john then i think we can do that. i am sorry to hear that but i am sure the agent's must have happy.

Truck Parts Store

Old 04-01-2011, 03:09 AM

It's stupid and just plain crazy, but not new nor unique. Our Fed Agents don't carry in a lot of foreign lands.

Old 04-02-2011, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by NIUPonyBoy
It's stupid and just plain crazy, but not new nor unique. Our Fed Agents don't carry in a lot of foreign lands.
Well, maybe. The foriegn cops that I know usually borrow a handgun when they come over here, even when on vacation.