PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Greenbrook GMC Hummer, Greenbrook, NJ- Complaints

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 12:32 AM
Default RE: Greenbrook GMC Hummer, Greenbrook, NJ- Complaints

I bought mine up at Paramus Hummer, which is now Hummer of Mahwah since they opened a new standalone hummer dealer. Parts are pricey but the service and sales experience was first rate. I also went to Royal Cadillac Hummer when the H3 first came out in '05 and was treated very nicely.

Old 03-14-2007, 12:41 AM

royal is where I ended up buying mine from. The salesguy I dealt with is no longer there but they were an awesome dealership. They gave me $5000 more than any other dealer would for my trade which kept me from bieng upside down on it...thatswhy they got my business. Beware though, they charge you $4.95 a day for a loaner, everyplace else I checked is free.

Old 03-14-2007, 02:52 AM

Never been to any of them.. But have bought 2 from 2 different Hummer dealerships.. (As well as other new cars in my life).. LYNCH HUMMER inSt.Louishas been the BEST by FAR!

Old 09-08-2007, 02:51 PM

Well, I almost joined the ranks of becoming an H3 owner...

Green Brook located a vehicle for me in MD, and did a trade with that dealership. They even installed the roof marker lights that I wanted. But...
when we were getting the paperwork and payment amounts in place, they hit me with a whammy - an additional $408 for LAM Dealer Contribution PLUS $1225 for LAM Group Contribution. I had previously offered (and we had shaken on) the Edmunds "True Market Value" amount - that didNOT include these dealer to manufacturer "contributions." Oddly, Edmunds also indicated that "participating" dealers are receiving $1500 back from Hummer PER CAR until sometime in October as part of a marketing promo.So let's see - this dealership was going to end up charging me $1100 above Edmunds TMV! I must have been wearing my "Idiot Face" and I didn't even realize it.

BTW- If a dealer pulls out a BARS Document Display, indicating "the true invoice price", run. It certainly won't agree with KBB or Edmunds.

Unfortunately, no signed paperwork was in place before the actual purchase (maybe this was an omen afterall, since I had not yet put down anything.) My recommendations - stay away from this dealership! It seems that these folks' business practices haven't changed since the OP.

I've also been to Royal, Mahwah, and Gold Coast, with different but bad dealings. I'm hoping that my experiences with Hummer dealers will improve out of state, 'cuz I've never had such bad experiences buying a vehicle (this will be my 8th vehicle purchase within NJ since '82. None have been this bad!) At this point I'm giving up on NJ Hummer dealers and will be looking to purchase out of state. Other folks within NJ may want to consider doing the same.

I'll update everyone on my experience with an out-of-state purchase when I finally have my H3 Alpha in my driveway.

Old 09-08-2007, 03:24 PM

ORIGINAL: mr_rhino

Well, I almost joined the ranks of becoming an H3 owner...

Green Brook located a vehicle for me in MD, and did a trade with that dealership. They even installed the roof marker lights that I wanted. But...
when we were getting the paperwork and payment amounts in place, they hit me with a whammy - an additional $408 for LAM Dealer Contribution PLUS $1225 for LAM Group Contribution. I had previously offered (and we had shaken on) the Edmunds "True Market Value" amount - that didNOT include these dealer to manufacturer "contributions." Oddly, Edmunds also indicated that "participating" dealers are receiving $1500 back from Hummer PER CAR until sometime in October as part of a marketing promo.So let's see - this dealership was going to end up charging me $1100 above Edmunds TMV! I must have been wearing my "Idiot Face" and I didn't even realize it.

BTW- If a dealer pulls out a BARS Document Display, indicating "the true invoice price", run. It certainly won't agree with KBB or Edmunds.

Unfortunately, no signed paperwork was in place before the actual purchase (maybe this was an omen afterall, since I had not yet put down anything.) My recommendations - stay away from this dealership! It seems that these folks' business practices haven't changed since the OP.

I've also been to Royal, Mahwah, and Gold Coast, with different but bad dealings. I'm hoping that my experiences with Hummer dealers will improve out of state, 'cuz I've never had such bad experiences buying a vehicle (this will be my 8th vehicle purchase within NJ since '82. None have been this bad!) At this point I'm giving up on NJ Hummer dealers and will be looking to purchase out of state. Other folks within NJ may want to consider doing the same.

I'll update everyone on my experience with an out-of-state purchase when I finally have my H3 Alpha in my driveway.
Good Luck and let us know how you make out!!!

Old 09-08-2007, 06:37 PM
Super Moderator

I didn't buy mine in Jersey.... I went to NuCar in New Castle, DE..... but Trey bought 2 hummers from the one in Turnersville... and as far as I know... no issues...

C'mon on down south.....

Old 09-08-2007, 10:41 PM

bringing up this old thread made me realize i made a mistake...I bought mine at gold-coast hummer/cadillac...GREAT place and didn't give me one bit of problems...even gave me $4000 more for my trade than it was worth to get my payments where they needed to be. By your post it sounds like your approaching this purchase with a I know more than you attitude...that won't make the dealer work any harder to make a deal with you...especially on a high demand truck like the h3, you don't want it they will sell it 10 minutes after you leave. JMO. Especially on an alpha!! Edmunds and KBB mean crap on a high demand vehicle..there are a ton of cars that sell for 5-10 grand MORE than the listed retail values...all about supply and demand and right now alphas are in high demand.

Old 09-08-2007, 11:06 PM

you can also build your own h3, that might work better for you

http://www.hummer.com/hummerjsp/home.jsp?seo=goo_hummer

Old 09-08-2007, 11:08 PM

nevermind that option...they don't have the alpha on the website yet

Old 09-09-2007, 02:27 AM

ORIGINAL: importkiller

nevermind that option...they don't have the alpha on the website yet
DAMN IT!!!![:@][:@]