PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Feelings in my gas pedal....

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 09:20 AM
Default Feelings in my gas pedal....

As all of you know about the dreaded steering shaft issue....I have a question. My new Alpha had a little clunk in the gas pedal when I first got it.....it got a little worse when the weather would get warmer out. The dealership replaced it.....with the regular Alpha part. Now I only have a little clunk in the pedal when the right front hits a bump/frost heave in the road.

Question #1: Is there anything that I should look at on the right front that may cause this? A known issue or such?

Question #2: How much of a little clunk or bump in the gas pedal is ok, when you hit a pretty good bump? I know even my Dodge Trucks you could feel a little in the pedal when you hit a bump.....I think I might just be a little over-sensitive to this whole clunk in the gas pedal thing. I would like to know what is normal with the H3's....I can barely feel it now, and I think that I'm going insane with the clunk issue[:-][:@]

Old 03-11-2008, 11:48 AM
Default RE: Feelings in my gas pedal....

The steering shaft issue was only when the car heated up, once it got warmed up you would feel the vibrations and feel bumps in the steering wheel. That was fixed by replacing the steering shaft in late 07 models with a bigger sterring shaft. If you do a search on this topic you'll get a lot of info. As for the front right, no issues that I'm aware of.

Old 03-11-2008, 12:34 PM

This truck seems to have more than it's share of bumps, clunks, groans and rattles. I'm still needing to go to the dealerto get my brake vibration taken care of. If this were any other vehicle I'd be pissed but where else can you get a HUMMER or vehicle like this? The closest thing is a Yoy-Tota FJ crusier and I'd rather push my H3 than drive a FJ!

Old 03-11-2008, 02:21 PM

yeah I feel the same way....much rather push my H3 than drive one of those cheap FJ's!!!!! Have you ever seen the cheap silver colored plastic they use on the dash[:'(][:'(][:'(]

Old 03-11-2008, 03:44 PM

I also had my tires rotated today.....checked everything out underneath...nothing loose.....tie rods look good......
It was great news!!!!
I love this H3 to much to think of getting rid of it....Can't wait till it get's a little warmer out to do some more mods......it's just no fun heating up the garage, and trying to stay warm.....