PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gas Pedal Problem?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 03:09 PM
Default Gas Pedal Problem?

I have a 2007 H3 with just 1200 miles on it and I'm feeling a rattle or clicking sensation while my foot is on the gas pedal - any ideas of what it may be would be helpful...thanks

Old 06-04-2007, 03:43 PM
Default RE: Gas Pedal Problem?

It is most likely your stearing shaft making the noise. Mine does it after the vehicle warms up. You can feel the light thumping or rattle in the break and gas pedal. The dealer told me it was a design or component problem that GM is working on a replacement shaft for the H3. If you crawl under the H3 on the drivers side and grab the stearing shaft above the nuckle (careful things are hot in that area) you can replicate the sound by trying to wiggleyour shaft (keep your mind out of the gutter.... not what I'm talking about). I talked to the dealer here in Houston about 4 weeks ago and he told me at that time that the improved replacement parts were not yet available. let us know if this is the same problem you are having. Mine is a 2007 model.

Old 06-04-2007, 05:45 PM

Thought I was crazy, as I'm having the same issue on my '07 too!

Old 06-04-2007, 06:24 PM

Oops! I created a thread early this afternoon asking about this too. Its good to know I'm not alone (also an '07). Although, I wish someone had a solution. I just want to make sure that this isn't detrimental to the vehicles operation b/c I'm planning on taking a long road trip to far west TX in 3 weeks. I really do not want to break down on the way out there. Please let me know if you find anything out.

Thanks and good luck!

Lil D

Old 06-06-2007, 06:26 PM

I'm having the same exact issue with my new 07 H3. I purchased it from the dealer in mid-April, and this noise/knock showed up a couple of weeks ago. It can be felt plain as day on the gas and brake pedals at around 40-45mph, and a little less in the steering column when slowing down. Been racking my brain trying to figure out what is causing it. I read on a different site that a dealer diagnosed it as a bad rear-diff. I'm hoping it is just the steering shaft like you describe, as that makes a little more sense in this case. I've put a little over 2000 miles on it and was starting to get frustrated with the new purchase. This doesn't sound like a big deal, as long as I can navigate down I-10 at rush hour without running over somebody. (And we all know how tempting THAT is)

Keep in touch and let us know if there are any updates to the issue. My dealer is McGinnis, and if I get a chance this week I'm going to give them a buzz and see if they have heard of this.

Thanks,
Manford

Old 06-07-2007, 08:50 PM

Manford,

Are you in the Houston area? I use DeMontrond Hummer on I-45 North. They take great care of me and my baby (the H3). As soon as the new design shaft comes in they will replace it. Best I can tell, no safety issue invloved (and I would love to run over a few rat cars every now and then!). I will keep the Forum informed as to when the part comes in. Enjoy the Hummer [sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 06-07-2007, 08:58 PM

Nice to see the Houston people on here. I bought mine at Ron Carter in Clear lake but I live in Katy. Ron Carter was very nice to deal with as well.

Old 07-10-2007, 01:27 PM

Hello again....

It looks like this topic is becoming more well known as time passes by. There is another thread in the forum where it is also being discussed.

https://www.hummerforums.com/m_67824/tm.htm

I placed an service request online with McGinnis Hummer this afternoon, hopefully they will be familiar with the issue and will take care of my H3 when the new parts are ready.

Manford

P.S. Yes, I live in the Cypress-Fairbanks side of town. Grew up on the south-side of Houston, and don't see myself escaping anytime soon!