PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

dome lights stay on!

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2014, 05:07 AM
Default dome lights stay on!

I have a 07' H3 that recently came back from the dealer having a new sunroof installed. Two days later my dome lights stay on all the time. The only way I found to turn them off is disconnect the battery for a few seconds. Lights come back on when doors are opened so I pulled the bulbs. Anyone have any help? No door adjar lights on.

Old 09-18-2014, 11:12 AM

new trouble?, rule one, always look at the last place a "professional" did anything.

check wires in that area.

i make a living fixing jobs that pro builders took shortcuts on. ez work, just do it right!

Old 09-18-2014, 01:42 PM
Super Moderator

This is really a dome question.

Check the door jamb switches/sensors.

Old 09-18-2014, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by Doc Olds

If it were a door jamb switch, he should have the DOOR indicator on his DIC although stranger things have happened.

Old 09-18-2014, 03:27 PM
Super Moderator

If it were me, I'd be back at the dealer telling them to fix the problem they created.

Old 09-18-2014, 03:39 PM

If it were me, I'd be back at the dealer telling them to fix the problem they created.
Ditto on that. Happythree is right on this one. A wise man once told me, the first place to look is the last place you messed with.

Old 09-18-2014, 04:25 PM

I have been searching the web for known common faults of the H2 and among them is the ignition switch will need replacing . I realized mine does after finding the battery dead 2 mornings in a row . Turning the ignition off doesn't always turn everything off , sometimes the onestar and mileage stay lit other times the roof lights stay on . Rattle the key in the ignition turning it on and off . If it works sometimes but not others there's your answer .

Aside from that the sunroof is designed to break - the rain drains are designed to block - the door seals and roof lights are designed to leak - the gas filler cap is designed to fail which will put your check engine light on .

Old 09-18-2014, 08:02 PM

Just spin the dome light dial all the way down..

Old 09-18-2014, 08:13 PM

Rule that out, I leave my doors open all the time, dome light only stays on for a short time, auto off, however there is a manual switch on the dashboard, to overide.

Old 09-18-2014, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by Shayne100
I have been searching the web for known common faults of the H2 and among them is the ignition switch will need replacing . I realized mine does after finding the battery dead 2 mornings in a row . Turning the ignition off doesn't always turn everything off , sometimes the onestar and mileage stay lit other times the roof lights stay on . Rattle the key in the ignition turning it on and off . If it works sometimes but not others there's your answer .

Aside from that the sunroof is designed to break - the rain drains are designed to block - the door seals and roof lights are designed to leak - the gas filler cap is designed to fail which will put your check engine light on .

You need help, possibly medical assistance and more so a KIA.

Quick Reply: dome lights stay on!