PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

dome lights stay on!

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2014, 06:23 AM

Thanks everyone for replying. It is back at the dealership today. They said what thet did is probably not the problem but to bring it in and they would look at it. Just seems funny how the day after getting it back this started. Oh ya the dash cluster quit working about an hour before taking it back. I removed the ground cable from the battery for about 5 mins. and something reset to allow the dash to work again but dome lights are still on. The only thing that turns the dome lights off is a battery saver mode after 20 mins. the BCM turns them off. Fingers crossed we will see what they say at the dealer. Hoping for a pinched wire!

Old 09-19-2014, 10:01 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Shayne100
I have been searching the web for known common faults of the H2 and among them is the ignition switch will need replacing . I realized mine does after finding the battery dead 2 mornings in a row . Turning the ignition off doesn't always turn everything off , sometimes the onestar and mileage stay lit other times the roof lights stay on . Rattle the key in the ignition turning it on and off . If it works sometimes but not others there's your answer .

Aside from that the sunroof is designed to break - the rain drains are designed to block - the door seals and roof lights are designed to leak - the gas filler cap is designed to fail which will put your check engine light on .
Was that a typo? This is a thread about an H3... and uh

Originally Posted by dyydjbb
Thanks everyone for replying. It is back at the dealership today. They said what thet did is probably not the problem but to bring it in and they would look at it. Just seems funny how the day after getting it back this started. Oh ya the dash cluster quit working about an hour before taking it back. I removed the ground cable from the battery for about 5 mins. and something reset to allow the dash to work again but dome lights are still on. The only thing that turns the dome lights off is a battery saver mode after 20 mins. the BCM turns them off. Fingers crossed we will see what they say at the dealer. Hoping for a pinched wire!
Do you still have the absolute crap azzed OEM battery terminal connectors? If so, hack those off now, do not wait, replace them with a quality aftermarket set. Search this out for the long story, the short version is, they suck and cause problems, the PCM and BCM are very sensitive to even minute changes in voltage .... Gremlins love that.
Name:  DSC02242.jpg
Views: 5893
Size:  156.6 KB

Old 09-19-2014, 10:03 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by hummerz
Rule that out, I leave my doors open all the time, dome light only stays on for a short time, auto off, however there is a manual switch on the dashboard, to overide.
That is true about the door switches when they are working properly, but what happens when they are fubared???

Old 09-19-2014, 02:12 PM

Good news, the dealership called and there was a pinched wire above the headliner. Easy fix but had to drop the headliner back down. This explains why the door ajar light never came on.