PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Bi-Xenon HID kit installed in 07 H3

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2007, 10:54 PM
Default RE: RE:

tmoody - thanks for the update. Let me know how your tech reconfigs the wires to get the DRLs moved, I may want to do the same if you believe there is some benefit to longevity of the system. Are these the marker lights on the roof you're referring to or the turn signals?

Thanks for the explanation on about what causes where on the HID system. I was initially concerned because the way they're designed to be installed (and how they're connected on my 5-speed 2007 H3) they turn on every time I release the clutch in gear after start-up. I can defeat this by remembering to turn the light switch to the momentary "OFF" before releasing the clutch in gear.

I do think the HIDs run at full power when they're running in this "DRL" mode, they are very bright when I'm up behind a car during the day. I just thought the fact that they are turning on twice as much in this configuration as if they were just turned on at night would be harder on the HID system, especially during short hops (5-10 minutes) during the day. If you're saying that this is not harmful to the system at all then I'm just fine with them just the way they are. They look great on even during the day.

Thanks

Jeff

Old 07-30-2007, 06:33 AM

By the way, I disabled the DRL on my 2007 H3 by pulling out one of the fuses (39?). I can check later, but if you go through the list of fuses in the manual, you should be able to figure out which one it is. Go under the hood and take it out...

The auto headlights will still function normally at full power but they don't come on anymore. As a result I don't have DRL at all.

Old 07-30-2007, 09:13 AM

ORIGINAL: AMG55

By the way, I disabled the DRL on my 2007 H3 by pulling out one of the fuses (39?). I can check later, but if you go through the list of fuses in the manual, you should be able to figure out which one it is. Go under the hood and take it out...

The auto headlights will still function normally at full power but they don't come on anymore. As a result I don't have DRL at all.
Great! Thanks for the tip - I'll look into that. If you remember which fuse it was please share that so I don't pull anything vital

Jeff