PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aftermarket TPMS sensor?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2019, 08:48 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Ejwins
I recently bought 4 ACDelco TPM sensors and at least one of them is not functioning (I'm assuming its a dead battery), therefore I'm unable to use any if them. if you go this route, check that they work before you put them in the tire
Why do you think you cannot use the other three????

Old 04-25-2019, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
Why do you think you cannot use the other three????
Once I had them installed, I went to program them to the vehicle, and when i got to the third sensor, i had no response. Therefore the programming could not be completed. and none of the sensors can be registered to the vehicle. Its all or none. Test them before you install.

Old 04-25-2019, 11:02 AM
Super Moderator

Once I had them installed, I went to program them to the vehicle, and when i got to the third sensor, i had no response. Therefore the programming could not be completed. and none of the sensors can be registered to the vehicle. Its all or none. Test them before you install.
So.................. you replace the bad one AND use the other three with the replacement..... right???

I get it. You were doing the manual program.

Old 04-25-2019, 12:42 PM

Tpms scanner will allow you to check them before you install them.

Autel MaxiTPMS

Old 04-25-2019, 12:48 PM

So.................. you replace the bad one AND use the other three with the replacement..... right???

I get it. You were doing the manual program.
Many will not allow the manual program. Just drive a mile or 2 and all should communicate. If not, get out the scanner and go to each wheel to find the defective 1.

Old 05-29-2019, 03:29 PM
Super Moderator

Got mine from RockAuto about a week ago.

Called Discount tire, the manager says.... sure we can install and program them, re-balance etc.... $20 each and right now the place is dead, come on by and we will get you out of here quick.

Popped in with my 4 ACDelco sensors for the tires on the ground. The guy comes out and says you did not mention you had big mudder tires? I replied: nobody asked and I did not tell.

All went well until the kid with the programmer tried to program in the spare. Twice and was on the 3rd attempt. Had to go dig the manager out and explain that when you get to the RR tire (#4) you are done....stop, turn the key off. READ what your TPMS scanner says in the little print, it tells you what to do. Kids.

Good to go.

Old 05-29-2019, 07:53 PM

Got mine from RockAuto about a week ago.

Called Discount tire, the manager says.... sure we can install and program them, re-balance etc.... $20 each and right now the place is dead, come on by and we will get you out of here quick.

Popped in with my 4 ACDelco sensors for the tires on the ground. The guy comes out and says you did not mention you had big mudder tires? I replied: nobody asked and I did not tell.

All went well until the kid with the programmer tried to program in the spare. Twice and was on the 3rd attempt. Had to go dig the manager out and explain that when you get to the RR tire (#4) you are done....stop, turn the key off. READ what your TPMS scanner says in the little print, it tells you what to do. Kids.

Good to go.
RR ??????? Rolleyes

Old 05-29-2019, 08:13 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Ordieh
RR ??????? Rolleyes
Supposed to be LR..... for Left Rear.

Gotta take a typing class.

Old 05-30-2019, 05:58 AM

Tire monkeys, you have to watch them like a hawk.