Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Best Way to Replace TPMS???

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2019, 01:09 PM
Super Moderator
Default Best Way to Replace TPMS???

My 07 H3 needs new TPMS, and many of us are in the same boat as our trucks have aged beyond the 10 spec life cycle for TPMS.

I was thinking of pricing around. I checked on line for good pricing on the sensors, Rock Auto has some pretty good pricing on ACDelco replacements. I also plan on contacting Discount Tire to see what they have to offer. Figure it will all wash out about even as you have to pay someone to pull the tires off the rims to replace them all, and they would link them up with the truck.

What have you guys/gals done to replace yours? What was the price range to get it done?

Old 02-01-2019, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
My 07 H3 needs new TPMS, and many of us are in the same boat as our trucks have aged beyond the 10 spec life cycle for TPMS.

I was thinking of pricing around. I checked on line for good pricing on the sensors, Rock Auto has some pretty good pricing on ACDelco replacements. I also plan on contacting Discount Tire to see what they have to offer. Figure it will all wash out about even as you have to pay someone to pull the tires off the rims to replace them all, and they would link them up with the truck.

What have you guys/gals done to replace yours? What was the price range to get it done?
I just bought 10 of the dorman sensors that are specific to the H3/ colorado platform as I am putting new tires and wheels on two of our trucks. I paid around $35 per sensor and they look almost identical to the ac delco ones. As far as install pricing...not sure we were tired of the morons at the local tire shops so I bought a tire mounting machine and road force balancer. I think we used to pay $15/ tire for sensor install

Old 02-04-2019, 06:38 AM
Cool

I bought my new sensors on ebay just before I replaced my tires. They cost about $40/ea and I had my local shop do the install and programming. Easy Peasy.