PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Adventure Package Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2016, 02:01 AM

Honestly low mileage non-molested H2's are hard to come by anymore. Who knows how many owners the recently purchased 2's have been through and what changes those owners made.

The only way to see for sure what your rig has is to look up every single RPO code in your glove box. There are RPO code sites online where you can see what each code is for. I did my entire RPO sticker one night just for fun lol.

Old 06-28-2016, 11:33 PM

I am sure my 03 H2 is all original and I purchased it from the original owner. The couple that I bought it from were elderly and were unable to drive it comfortably, getting in and out became difficult, but they did buy it new from the local Reno Hummer dealership, at the time. The last 2 yrs. it was stored in an indoor climate controlled storage building that they actually owed too. The H2 was in great shape and had just over 79k. I received the service records from the dealership, now Reno GMC that show that they had it serviced there regularly. This is a very nice unmolested H2 and I intend for it to remain that way for as long as I own it. It will always be garaged as I currently have 2 garages with 7 spots, it takes 2 spots on its own.

Last edited by certz656; 06-28-2016 at 11:45 PM.
Old 06-29-2016, 11:44 PM

Even with that being said they could have changed the options IF they were the original owners. Just because it has only 1 owner doesn't mean much. Again, the only way to be sure is to go through all your RPO codes in the glove box to determine the exact options the rig was built with.

I bought mine with 32k on the odo and drove it for 5 years. Now she has been garaged for the past 6 months with a total of 74k now on the odo. I don't plan on driving it much to keep the mileage down. It is nice having it garaged so I can tear into it and not worry about it being my daily driver.

Old 06-30-2016, 11:32 AM

You say the RPO is in the glovebox? What site do you use the access the RPO codes? It's currently in my other garage that's 210 mi. from where I work so I'll check into it when I see it next. I have other vehicles to drive but keeping the miles down is not my goal, I've had it for about 6 months and it has about 86k on it now, I love driving it, not so much the fuel mileage, I have to drive over 210 miles to where I work, and keep it at our other home for our days off. My wife and I work in mining and have a home in our mining town in the middle of BFE Nevada so we head to Fernley, near Reno to other home on our days off. We make this drive 3 times a month so driving the H2 would be costly. They were the original owners according to the former Hummer Dealership now Reno GMC, they had they're records of service since new.

Old 06-30-2016, 10:22 PM

Take a pic of the sticker in your glove box of all the RPO codes so you can easily access the codes.

I can't find the exact site I used when I did mine but just google RPO code lookup and you should hit a bunch of different sites. You'll have to cross reference some of the codes between multiple sites as some codes can mean different things. I have a few like that.

I'll go through my bookmarks and see if I have the sites I used and let you know if you're having a difficult time finding a good site.

Old 07-08-2016, 11:49 PM

I think I found a source to decode the RPO codes... www.rpocodes.com/GM-RPO-codes/ Now I have to find the time to decode, looks to be a little time intensive.