PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 model is the last year for H3's built by GM...

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 12:21 PM

Never ceases to amaze me that trolls are everywhere on this wonderful Gore created interwebs.

I'm in the market to replace my totaled H3. Surprise none to few can be found. So, I share what I know from contacting GM to Hummer to those who were working on new ad campaigns for the 2010 H3's that were shelved thanks to Chairman Obama and then we have our usual message board experts who provide no info, but are correct and then a parrot arrives to confirm that mr. no info provided is the messiah.

Thanks for all the lack of help and as a former and future Hummer owner, ain't got the time to play with those who have too much time on their hands.

Have a glorious New Year.

Originally Posted by HumbleAg
Hey mister 11 post expert, you might want to just stop now before you look foolish or something. (oops, too late)

Have you by any chance ever seen:

http://www.hummerguy.net/

Old 01-04-2010, 07:07 PM
Smile plenty of 2010's around

i am new here but it is obvious you are trying to jerk someones chain.
if you want a 2010 so bad go to cars.com-over 462 are availble-many in your area.
coming here and jacking around the senior members around here ,all who have very knowledgeable info and input after you leave 11 posts is crazy-
go to car.com and buy a 2010 and see ya later-peace out dude

Old 01-04-2010, 08:02 PM

Hey, he called me a parrot. That's not nice. Luckily I have lots of time on my hands to come up with a good comeback.

Doo-doo head.

Old 01-05-2010, 04:26 PM

There are a total of 11 within 100 mile radius of me. None with the packages I am seeking (luxury package, etc.) as per cars.com.

What the heck difference does it make if I have 1 post or 1,000, I posted what facts I learned on the matter and was rebuffed by "senior" members with nothing but I was wrong and given no facts or anything to come close that I was given incorrect info from GM, Hummer or their agency.

So, should I dismiss you because you have 2 posts?

Grow up already.

Originally Posted by SICILYDUDE
i am new here but it is obvious you are trying to jerk someones chain.
if you want a 2010 so bad go to cars.com-over 462 are availble-many in your area.
coming here and jacking around the senior members around here ,all who have very knowledgeable info and input after you leave 11 posts is crazy-
go to car.com and buy a 2010 and see ya later-peace out dude

Old 01-05-2010, 04:59 PM

Al i can say is last week i went to my local Hummer(and yes they still consider their dealership a hummer dealership ) and checked out the 2010's. prices are similar to the 09's and the new colors especially the red rock metallic is SWEET!

Old 01-05-2010, 05:57 PM
Default Deal Still Not Complete

The deal to sell Hummer to the Chinese is still on the rocks. The buyer has hit a major brick wall due to Beijings opposition to buying a brand known for heavy fuel consumption. Also, the deal is hitting stiff opposition within the United States government. Politicians are not exactly thrilled with seeing the Chinese weaseling their way into the American automotive market. And to tell you guys the truth, I'm not thrilled with it either. I honestly hate the fact that a Chinese company is trying to acquire an American icon. And we all know that the Chinese WILL close production in the United States as soon as a deal is finalized and a suitable location in China is found. The Chinese are shadey like that. So, Hummer will be made in China by low Chinese labor. Not exactly a vehicle I will want to buy.

Part of me wants this deal finalized because I know there are many people who want the Hummer to stick around. But the other part of me hopes the deal will be killed because I don't want the Chinese in our auto market. It will have huge implications that will only further damage our already struggling automotive industry. Also, the Chinese have absolutely no concept of what the word quality means. Their motto is produce it and produce it cheap. The American industry practices this, but the Chinese will take it to a whole new level.

If the Chinese do end up successfully acquiring Hummer, my current H3 will be the last Hummer I will ever own.

This is just my opinion though, I know most of you want the deal to be successful. That's cool, but I think the consequences outweigh the benefits.

Oh, and did I mention that I just plain don't like China? I have other reasons for that though (political).

Happy Hummering!

Old 01-05-2010, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by H32006
Thanks for all the lack of help and as a former and future Hummer owner, ain't got the time to play with those who have too much time on their hands.

Apparently another statement without much truth to back it up.

Glad you decided to come back and play, I was getting bored.

Last edited by HumbleAg; 01-06-2010 at 08:14 AM.
Old 01-05-2010, 09:45 PM
Default unwilling to drive over a 100 miles?

jasonus03-I agree 110% with your observation!

H32006-i do not think any one has a hummer in stock that you are looking for-lol!
and i am grown up enough to spot a bs'r -you probably drive a prius or a cube-you are a hummer wanna be.
what was the vin on your totaled out hummer?i will run it and post the history-ok dude!
and if you are un-willing to drive over a 100 miles to pick up a hummer you really want -you don't want one!

Old 01-05-2010, 11:52 PM
Default Enough already...

Originally Posted by SICILYDUDE
if you are un-willing to drive over a 100 miles to pick up a hummer you really want -you don't want one!
I agree with this much of your post. I personally drove almost 3 hours away to a dealership that had the H3 with the options I wanted.

However, I think everybody needs to back up off of H32006 a bit. Attacking him for trying to inform people of the information he's received (whether it's right or wrong) isn't in the spirit of these forums from what I've been reading.

The fact is, NOBODY knows what's truly going on with the deal to sell the Hummer brand, because NOBODY on this forum is a big wig at GM that was in the meetings behind closed doors. All we have to go on is the information given to us second, third or fourth hand by other people who also weren't in the meeting behind closed doors.

I can only hope that the maturity and integrity of the people on this forum can shine through and these back and forth "you're wrong! no, you're wrong!" childish antics can be put behind us.

Just remember, we're all here for the same reason...we all love Hummers, because Hummers rock! **

**Unless the Chinese finalize the deal to buy the Hummer brand. Then any Hummer made before they start making them will rock and the rest will be complete garbage I wouldn't wish upon my worst enemy. Just my personal opinion.

Old 01-06-2010, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by H3DONIST
However, I think everybody needs to back up off of H32006 a bit. Attacking him for trying to inform people of the information he's received (whether it's right or wrong) isn't in the spirit of these forums from what I've been reading.

I think the attacking has been because he (she perhaps?) has been stating things as fact and somewhat unwilling to admit perhaps (s)he could have received poor information. Just because some fat guys ("a ton of people at GM") said something doesn't make it fact. (S)he has stated several times that "GM will not make Hummer past 2010", when in fact that hasn't been determined. A bit of flexibility (and thick skin) can go a long way towards making friends here.

Besides, (s)he called me a parrot and that isn't nice. That gets my feathers ruffled.

Quick Reply: 2010 model is the last year for H3's built by GM...