PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

07 H3 pros and cons

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 08:28 AM
Default RE: 07 H3 pros and cons

ORIGINAL: BDH3

Too much fighting here, where is the good info about an H-3 that is not inflated?
Thanks for brining this post back up from the dead [:@]

Inflated? What good info here was "inflated"?

My H3 has been incredible, I get good MPG (around 18), it's awesome off-roading, it has plenty of power (unless of course you want to drag V8's), it handles great, no problems whatsoever (knocks on wood). Braking is good andturning is great. Seats are great (it's hair resistant for your pet owners) and cleans up super easy. Overall it's a great and a very potential car.

I have found the only people complaining about the H3 are the ones who stepped from their V8's who tends to drive heavy footed off the line. Also, the users usually complaining about the H3 are ones who's wife’s are the ones driving it (no offense here ladies, but you guys statistically kill cars), they are complaining about "acceleration" and breathe down their husbands throats because they couldn't pass the other Soccer mom ina V8 Denali on a cold engine). This isn't a Lamborghini; this isn't a Rolls Royce... IT'S AN OFF-ROAD TRUCK... nothing more nothing less.

No it WONT make you coffee
No it WONT be as comfortable as your parents/friends/uncles S500 Mercedes
No it WONT be as nimble as a miata or a Porsche
No it WONT have the acceleration of a Z06 corvette
No it WONT drive like a trail blazer, explorer, etc
No it WONT tow as much as an F650 Super Duty
No it WONT feature as much options and luxury as a Bentley
No it WONT have as much space interior as a school bus

With that said, it...

WILL scream on off-roading
WILL be a great overall truck
WILL beat other trucks in its class for MPG
WILL handle great for a real SUV
WILL tow reasonable weight
WILL deliver you a very thrilling experience

Keep in mind, this is an off-road truck, nothing more, nothing less.... don't expect it to do things that other cars made for different purposes do. Compare this to your Wranglers and FJ Cruisers... comparing this to an F150, Trailblazer, or whatever else is absurd.

Now it's time for me to go log into the Ferrari forums and complain about the comfort, lack of interrior space, horrible mpg, and the handling of the car on a drit road with potholes

EDIT: Lord forbit you guys get to drive aHMMWV or a H1. This is a HUMMER, wake up people.

Old 11-05-2012, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by Brandden
Well I have no information about this subject so I am unable to make any comment. I would go through this post and then would be able to post my views and suggestions.
Dude, this post is over 5 yrs old.. The chances this person owns a Hummer and is on this forum still is kinda slim.. Always look at the date of the posts. It is best to just check new posts, unless your looking for information. But with that said, most of us have done the same thing at one time.

Old 03-11-2013, 01:05 AM

It had awsome power and it got better gas mpg that the H3 gets.[&o] I guess I am stuck with it for a while.

Old 04-21-2013, 02:00 PM

I currently have the choice of several cars but mostly I use the H3 - 3.5L.
It is comfortable, quick enough (after a little tune), has plenty of space.
I use it more often than my Porsche or my X3 from BMW.

Old 01-08-2014, 07:06 PM

hey hummer folks, its rob i have just signed up. I purchased a brand new H3 in 07 off the lot, and its been awesome other then normal maintance. I have 256,000 km. I tow a 45 hundred pound boat behind me all summer and all ive replaced are water pump, power stering pump and rebilut the transmitting, which could be from towing the boat for thousands of km every summer.
Other then that, tires, brakes and bulbs for lights and the battery. Other then that nothing.
But now I am having problems with stalling at a stop I have to put into second to bring the rpms up. Its is a 5 cylindar so im impress with its power, ive driven it hard.
cant wait until engine goes, I want to put a 454 in it and tub it.
I hope that you all enjoy your hummer as much as I do.
Hopefully I will get through this issue of stalling? any ideas?
Thank you

Old 01-09-2014, 10:33 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by robf
hey hummer folks, its rob i have just signed up. I purchased a brand new H3 in 07 off the lot, and its been awesome other then normal maintance. I have 256,000 km. I tow a 45 hundred pound boat behind me all summer and all ive replaced are water pump, power stering pump and rebilut the transmitting, which could be from towing the boat for thousands of km every summer.
Other then that, tires, brakes and bulbs for lights and the battery. Other then that nothing.
But now I am having problems with stalling at a stop I have to put into second to bring the rpms up. Its is a 5 cylindar so im impress with its power, ive driven it hard.
cant wait until engine goes, I want to put a 454 in it and tub it.
I hope that you all enjoy your hummer as much as I do.
Hopefully I will get through this issue of stalling? any ideas?
Thank you
Welcome.

You should always look at how OLD a thread is before posting in it. This one is ancient with recent resurrections.

Ask your H3 questions in the H3 section. BEFORE you ask, use the SEARCH feature.

Thanks