Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

What do you do for a living (just curious)

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2017, 11:43 AM

I had a motorcycle accident at age 16, I hit a Deer on I 83 at night in Maryland, then the car behind me, ran over me ( I was laying in the fast lane after hitting the Deer, falling off my bike) and put me in Shock Trauma, car tire imprint on where my helmet was cracked inward, resulting in a TBI and also damaged/cut muscle and nerves in my right arm. I had trouble holding a job after "recovery", feeling tired fatigued and trouble with concentration and emotions also screwed up from my TBI but make a long story short...since I couldn't hold a regular job, I responded to an ad in the paper for handyman help and that's what I've been doing over the years (now 48). As I worked in homes, I tried new things and learned new skills. However, I recently torn my left arm distal bicep tendon while hanging a bathroom cabinet. So now I have both arms damaged and cant do the handyman work I once did, so now I'm like whatever... do I go to college at 48, do I continue handyman work even though I cant do as much? One day at a time I guess...

p.s. I dont own a Hummer, my mother does, I'm here to learn how to and help my mother by fixing her 2006 Hummer 3

p.p.s If you know anyone who rides a Motorcycle, make sure they are wearing the correct Helmet. I was wearing a Bell Moto 3 "Dirt Bike" helmet, having less padding. I should have been wearing a 'Street Bike" helmet and may not of even had a Head Trauma if I was wearing the right helmet, a helmet made for riding on the street has more cushion/padding/protection inside, where as a dirt bike helmet has less padding/protection inside.

Last edited by Hmmm...er; 10-12-2017 at 12:02 PM.
Old 09-03-2019, 10:08 PM
Default Retired BUT

Retired BUT I love to work just don’t have too,, last 35yrs. Invest in property to Lease out,,.. (I’m in people management there,,) And 25yrs, my HVAC Service company ,, my Favorite is Life Counseling Loving God And People .. What I’ve learned Frailer is underrated it has to happen so you can grow stronger never stop never give up light that candle on both ends …. Peace !

Old 09-04-2019, 05:04 AM

Retired, still dable in real estate my former sideline.

Active in volunteer work misc and sundry charity and conservation.

Old 09-07-2019, 12:07 AM

Retired helicopter pilot for Army and offshore Exxon Oil company. Have our 06 H3 now for 8 years and keep upgrading the components.Tow behind our Bluebird Wanderlodge bus. Have seen a lot of the world (not a friendly place) now just travel around the US and Canada while I still can (am 77 yo).

Hummer and Bluebird at Sunset

Old 12-12-2019, 10:55 AM

An overseas contractor providing air support to troops