Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

UPDATE: Front-end Rattle...Any Suggestions?

Old 07-02-2013, 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by djl1qu1d
i should add that I had taken my car back to the dealer and they had fixed the alignment issue immediately. As suspected they did the alignment before they changed the shaft.

Regardless it's been all fixed for a couple months now with no further issues related to that.

I changed my head unit to the Pioneer App Radio 2, changed the front separates, added a new front amp. I will start my hunt for the rear driver's side interior trim panel that covers the subwoofer and add a sub (JL Audio Stealthbox) and amp.

If anyone has these for sale feel free to PM me.
We will be coming out with an aluminum sub delete panel very shortly that will allow you to carefully cut out the inner side compartment and install the panel over the opening. It looks great. Ill post up pictures soon.

Old 07-02-2013, 07:32 PM

Hi
I had my H3 for a service recentley and I got them to check out the rattle that I have been experiencing and they reckoned that it was coming from inside the exhaust . I've had this problem for over 3 years and nothings got worse or fallen off yet

Old 07-29-2013, 10:28 PM

Many of these sound like the intermediate steering shaft issue I had on my suburban..but the dealer ticket on replacement was only 150ish! Hope my new H3 doesn't follow suit with some of the prices in reading here!

Old 08-03-2013, 05:50 PM

I have a 2007 H3 and it has begun to just turn off when at a complete stop ( like at a traffic light). I was told at the neighborhood automotive store that I may need a octane booster. This has happen to me twice. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Old 08-04-2013, 03:41 AM

Originally Posted by Spa.time.cj@gmail.com
I have a 2007 H3 and it has begun to just turn off when at a complete stop ( like at a traffic light). I was told at the neighborhood automotive store that I may need a octane booster. This has happen to me twice. Does anyone have any suggestions?
I had same problem!

It's a gas issue dirty fuel injectors
Gm makes a fuel injector cleaner that won't damage your
Plastic injectors get it from a gm parts place
It was about 25 dollars in a black bottle with blue label
It fixes issue as soon as 1/4 tank of gas was run through it

Goodluck

Old 06-01-2014, 12:32 PM
Default Rattle sound in my H3

I am new to this forum. Reading some similar posts as I seem to have a like issue with my 2007 H3. It seems when my H3 is idling and reaches normal operating temperature, there is a loud clanking sound ... like a fan. When I accelerate, the clanking noise goes away. I do not have any other issues (like I've read on some of the posts with feeling it in the pedals, etc).

Old 06-27-2014, 10:32 AM
Default Length of part#25900714 is longer than old one

Hi, anyone please advise.

I ordered this lower steering shaft part no. 25900714 for my H3. And today I just got a chance to replace it, but the existing one I took off from the car is shorter than this new part. I noticed on the new part has CH4A crafted on it, whereas the existing one has CH5A. Does this mean that there is another shorter lower steering shaft for H3? This new one is about one inch longer. So definitely it wont fit.

Old 06-29-2014, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by thitipong
Hi, anyone please advise.

I ordered this lower steering shaft part no. 25900714 for my H3. And today I just got a chance to replace it, but the existing one I took off from the car is shorter than this new part. I noticed on the new part has CH4A crafted on it, whereas the existing one has CH5A. Does this mean that there is another shorter lower steering shaft for H3? This new one is about one inch longer. So definitely it wont fit.
It will fit, the lower steering shaft extends and retracts like a shock absorber.

Old 07-02-2014, 06:41 AM

were you told that the shaft had anything to do with oil levels in your car? we started getting this same rattle after our 2nd head job to the car. now being told we have an oil consumption issue and need a whole new engine.

Old 08-17-2014, 06:29 AM

I have the same problem with my 08 H3 & my service guys identified it as movement in the drive shaft . it's not causing any problems but just doesn't sound good .
Just on another note ,I had my headlights converted to HDI and they're awesome.
is there anyone out there that has kitted their H3 out internally for off roading... Like dual tanks , battery charging etc? Would appreciate any feedback

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: UPDATE: Front-end Rattle...Any Suggestions?