Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Typical Hummer Flooding / Electrical Issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2020, 06:19 PM
Default Typical Hummer Flooding / Electrical Issues

I have a 2010 Hummer H3 that had slow flooding issues. Apparently there was a bad seal with my windshield and I never took my Hummer on the highway so didn't really notice it. This has led to a host of electrical issues. I will start with the codes I am getting.

B0790 Transfer Case Short
B2725 Mode switch malfunction
U1017 Communications

When I took the carpet out I saw that some of the wires had some calcification. I took out the TCCM and there was no water damage thankfully. I really just think I have a corroded ground wire. Another issue was that over the course of the last year my stereo would go out from time to time. Never had any electric codes. When I took out the stereo boom all of the codes popped. There was a lot of water on both driver and passenger side, but much worse on passenger side. I also checked the yaw sensor and that appeared to be perfectly dry. I have the Hummer wiring diagrams and have started to watch a ton of videos on YouTube. I am just hoping some of you have some good pointers for me to finding where the grounds might have started to corrode (if that is even the case).

Old 10-09-2020, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by Oaklanbash
I have a 2010 Hummer H3 that had slow flooding issues. Apparently there was a bad seal with my windshield and I never took my Hummer on the highway so didn't really notice it. This has led to a host of electrical issues. I will start with the codes I am getting.

U1017 Communications

When I took the carpet out I saw that some of the wires had some calcification. I took out the TCCM and there was no water damage thankfully. I really just think I have a corroded ground wire. Another issue was that over the course of the last year my stereo would go out from time to time. Never had any electric codes. When I took out the stereo boom all of the codes popped. There was a lot of water on both driver and passenger side, but much worse on passenger side. I also checked the yaw sensor and that appeared to be perfectly dry. I have the Hummer wiring diagrams and have started to watch a ton of videos on YouTube. I am just hoping some of you have some good pointers for me to finding where the grounds might have started to corrode (if that is even the case).
Post some pictures, close up on the "wires with calcification"

Old 10-09-2020, 06:46 PM

I cleaned the wires a few days looking for shorts but I didn't see any. But there were plenty of white crystals when I removed the wiring sheathing.

Old 11-05-2021, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by Oaklanbash

U1017 Communications

It is not the windshield but the holes that evacuate water from the sunroof. The tubes are blocked since the opening is almost non existent. You have to clean and enlarge the holes or redirect the tubes through the floor.

Old 11-05-2021, 11:19 AM
Super Moderator

If you have a sunroof. Sunroof with lack of maintenance = water damage. Finally, a fix for clogged sunroof drain tubes

Old 11-05-2021, 11:39 AM

I'm glad my H3 has NO sunroof