Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Read If Your H3 Radiator Has Cracked or Leaked

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2014, 03:44 PM

So I finally had the radiator crack and leakage. Took it to the dealer since just this summer GM kicked in about 80% for the head replacement from the other huge known issue with 06 H3's..
So after two days of back and forth they will not budge on this..0 assistance.Case opened, escalated as far as they would let me..Said my 06 with 89K is way out of any sort of assistance.. Funny how my 06 with 83K miles at the time qualified for tons of assistance a few months back..
I guess I'm just going to do the work myself..Bunch of BS.

Old 02-24-2014, 06:50 PM

Everyone that has had a h3 hummer radiator problem plz log on here and report for recall. I will be looking into a class action law suit. But we need to get this done to get a recall. Thank you here's the link www.safercar.gov

Last edited by hummer dude 210; 02-24-2014 at 07:06 PM.
Old 02-24-2014, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by hummer dude 210
Everyone that has had a h3 hummer radiator problem plz log on here and report for recall. I will be looking into a class action law suit. But we need to get this done to get a recall. Thank you here's the link Home | Safercar -- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)
GL with that. Last I checked, Hummer is out of business..

Besides, it only cost me 110.00 to replace my radiator.

Old 03-14-2014, 06:32 PM
Default The Infamous Radiator Strikes Again

We purchased a 2007 H3 for our 16 year old son a week ago tomorrow! Today, I drove it to pick him up from school and in that short 3 mile drive...drum roll please...the radiator cracked. We had just taken it to the dealership yesterday to get an oil change and to have the fuel injectors cleaned...radiator was fine. I have called Hummer customer service and they said if my dealership will claim that it was caused by a manufacturer's defect the will "participate" in the cost to repair it. Not sure what that means, but we will be taking it up there on Monday. So frustrating in a car with only 59k miles. I'm on board for a class action law suit. Even though Hummer is technically closed, their parent company is GM and they will be on the hook. I have filed my complaint per the links that have been mentioned in this thread. Let me know if there is anything else I should do to help move this along.

Old 03-21-2014, 08:56 PM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by RazTaz
We purchased a 2007 H3 for our 16 year old son a week ago tomorrow! Today, I drove it to pick him up from school and in that short 3 mile drive...drum roll please...the radiator cracked. We had just taken it to the dealership yesterday to get an oil change and to have the fuel injectors cleaned...radiator was fine. I have called Hummer customer service and they said if my dealership will claim that it was caused by a manufacturer's defect the will "participate" in the cost to repair it. Not sure what that means, but we will be taking it up there on Monday. So frustrating in a car with only 59k miles. I'm on board for a class action law suit. Even though Hummer is technically closed, their parent company is GM and they will be on the hook. I have filed my complaint per the links that have been mentioned in this thread. Let me know if there is anything else I should do to help move this along.
Follow-up: Sewell Cadillac in Dallas, TX is amazing. We took our Hummer in and they worked with Hummer Customer Service and what was going to be $1100 to replace the radiator ended up only being $300. While it wasn't free, it was better than what I was expecting. An added bonus...when they have your car in the service department, they give you a new Cadillac CTS or SRX to drive. Nice!

Old 03-31-2014, 06:48 AM

Mine lasted 122950 miles. I noticed some dripping under the rad on the driveway in the morning; was wet under the hood and at first I thought it was the water pump - with the squeaking and all. But that turned out to be water on the belt from the radiator.

The give away was the foam insulation on the top front of the rad, peeling it back is was soaked. Sure enough therte was a long, hairline crack from the front left across to the filler neck.

Despite reading many positive stories about the $150 afternmarkets, which is my usual approach, for this I spent $395 for a new rad from GM. If a $150 rad is going to fail, expect it wouldn't fail right away, so I didn't put much faith in those reviews but who knows.

Few things I took away from this event:

* I had no idea there was such a high fail rate. I feel really bad for those whose failed so pre maturely.

* 122 thousand miles is a reasonable time for a radiator to last.

* There is definitely a design flaw, as my driving is almost all highway. If I did more off roading, I would expect the rad to fail much sooner.

* These trucks are so easy service/maintain. This problem just reinforces my appreciation for ownership. Is there any other 2006 truck that's as easy to work on as my 1977 Chevy Blazer? It took me only 2 hours to install, super easy. A prof mech should be able to do this in less.

Old 03-31-2014, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by wixomhead

Despite reading many positive stories about the $150 afternmarkets, which is my usual approach, for this I spent $395 for a new rad from GM. If a $150 rad is going to fail, expect it wouldn't fail right away, so I didn't put much faith in those reviews but who knows.
My Silla rad (almost 2yrs later, haven't lost a drop of coolant) is still like new, $110.00 and carries a lifetime warranty. They are all made of the same plastic and aluminum, warranty is what sold me. What warranty did you get with the overpriced gm rad, 1yr?

9589A Silla - OE Replacement Radiator (New) At StylinTrucks.com

Old 03-31-2014, 10:54 PM

Had my radiator replaced today. 65,000 miles. $515 with new Spectra and labor. In the last 6 months have done new Cooper AT3's, brakes, motor mounts, front diff bushings, water pump, tensioner pulley, thermostat, battery, serpentine belt, dash vent actuator and new plugs. Next will be new Monroe Reflex shocks to make her ride like new again. Whew! Good thing I'm fond of my H3

Old 04-02-2014, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by hummerz
My Silla rad (almost 2yrs later, haven't lost a drop of coolant) is still like new, $110.00 and carries a lifetime warranty. They are all made of the same plastic and aluminum, warranty is what sold me. What warranty did you get with the overpriced gm rad, 1yr?
"But why do they put a guarantee on the box then?

'Cause they know all they sold you was a guaranteed piece of schite. That's all it is, isn't it? Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it "guaranteed", i will. I got spare time. But for now, for your customers' sake, for your daughter's sake you might wanna think about buying a quality product from me."

Old 04-02-2014, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by wixomhead
"But why do they put a guarantee on the box then?

'Cause they know all they sold you was a guaranteed piece of schite. That's all it is, isn't it? Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it "guaranteed", i will. I got spare time. But for now, for your customers' sake, for your daughter's sake you might wanna think about buying a quality product from me."
Learn how the industry works! Most parts come from the same manufacturing plants; cores, fittings, tanks, mounts etc.. The company that puts their name on the box, purchases these parts from the different manufacturer's that produces the parts needed to assemble the final product, and assembles them.
The box could be marked GM, Silla, or "schite", you will still get a functional part that will perform as intended.
Now, when you find a company that will stand behind their product for a lifetime, most of the time you will find improvements made to correct any defects from original equipment.
Bottom line, If my rad ever fails again, I will get a replacement for FREE!

Quick Reply: Read If Your H3 Radiator Has Cracked or Leaked