Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Project H3!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 07:59 PM
Default Project H3!!

I am starting from scratch.

I have a 2007 H3, I want all ideas for a daily driver that stands out on the road. Very little off-roading, but I want all terrain capabilities (90% highway). I purchased the truck in September and have researched the site for ideas. My first mods will be intake and tinting... then I will be looking at body/suspension by summer.

I will like everyone's input. Thanks in advance... leggo!!!

Last edited by SYNERGY of Sparta; 11-09-2014 at 09:22 AM.
Old 01-30-2013, 04:20 AM

an easy and inexpensive mod that would really change the appearance would be to level it, check the FAQs

Old 01-30-2013, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by Manson75
an easy and inexpensive mod that would really change the appearance would be to level it, check the FAQs
+1 on the leveling. Do a forum search for adjusting the torsion bars to give you some front lift and eliminate the raked look.

Additonally, my 3 is a daily driver and I wheel it once or twice every couple of weeks. She's an off-road street queen that isn't afraid to go out and get dirty. Check my thread out for some ideas. Warning: NO chrome...

Gpcalero's Spartan Build

Good luck and have fun with it man!

Old 01-30-2013, 08:32 PM

I actually did get it cranked up about 1 inch. The shop that did it said that it was as high as it goes... I can see it still is not levelled but I didnt want to throw more money at a half-a** job. For now, if this was your project, which cai is most efficient?

*****I want about 4-6 inches higher. I am considering 35s but I want 11 inch width and might do spacers for a wider stance... (is the daystar 1 inch, max crank of 2-3 inches and 35 inch tires possible?)*****

Thanks!
(Stock pics uploaded soon for comparisons later)

Old 01-30-2013, 09:24 PM

If its strictly a daily driver and you don't plan on offroading, I would go with 33's over 35's for better gas mileage and drivability. You can go with a wider 33 like 305/70R16 which is 12.5 wide vs the factory 285 adventure tire which is 11.5". I would suggest not going any higher then 23.75" hub to fender but 23.5" is a good place, if you went up an inch your probably pretty close to that or there already. If you want 4-6" higher, your looking at a 4" kit such as Rancho or Tuff Country. As for intake, lots of people run Air Doc because they retain the factory sealed air box. Another option would be the GM Performance intake which also retains stock air box. Only aftermarket intake I would even consider is the Volant which has a replacement air box but its sealed also. If you want a wider stance, a rim with less back spacing would give you what your looking for. If you must go with spacers, make sure they are hub/wheel centric.

Old 01-30-2013, 11:15 PM

I'm not sure, but I think the information below is posted here well over 215 times.

There is no need to lift an H3 or H3t in order to fit 315s (35" tires).
YES, they will fit on the factory rims.
YES they will rub slightly on FULL LOCK of the steering wheel.
NO it will not harm anything.

There is a "SEARCH" function on the top center of every forum page that may help you with further questions.

Old 01-31-2013, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by TAINTER
I'm not sure, but I think the information below is posted here well over 215 times.

There is no need to lift an H3 or H3t in order to fit 315s (35" tires).
YES, they will fit on the factory rims.
YES they will rub slightly on FULL LOCK of the steering wheel.
NO it will not harm anything.

There is a "SEARCH" function on the top center of every forum page that may help you with further questions.
yeah, im not inquiring on if they fit, i know they will fit. I am trying to see a 33 vs. 35 inch tire comparison. if i go 35 with a daystar 1" and crank my torsion will it be comparable to leveling and perhaps a 4" lift with 33s??? also, will the 33's look small? it will remain primarily a daily driver, but i want it to at least look like it can handle offroading. It would be great if i can stand noticeably taller than stock. i can settle for 4 inches taller!

right now the only mod i have is the very suspect (still not levelled) crank, and a scanguage e...

i appreciate the feedback.

Old 01-31-2013, 08:31 PM

I'm confused to what you're asking? the way you just worded that you want either 35s with little lift or 33s with a bunch of lift? IMO 33s would look pretty small with a 4" lift. if you're just wanting it to look like it can go offroading just get some 35" mud terrain and level it, you don't really need anymore.

Old 01-31-2013, 09:07 PM

my preference would be a daystar 1" PLUS cranking the bars. is that possible w/o any complications???

Old 01-31-2013, 09:09 PM

i am leaning towards 35s only for the extra height... but my brain says that 33s will be better for the long haul. thats the issue.

Quick Reply: Project H3!!