Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Power Locks and Driver Side Window not working

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2012, 11:20 PM

Hmmm. switch panel huh? I disconnected the battery today for 30 mins. Check engine light turned off, but it will go on again soon I'm sure as it has done itn the past. Next I will hit the fuses and relays I guess and then the harness that leads to the door. Is the panel easy to get apart? Id like to look in there and see what going on in there. How does it open up? thx

Old 12-16-2012, 05:35 AM
Default lock and window panel drivers side

Take a small maybe one in plastic or wrap a 1 inch metal spatula in tape and push it in on the small sides of the panel and slowly work it till it starts to give and then pull it out. The clips that hold it in are on the 2 small sides of the panel. If the other windows are working it is probably not a fuse. Tried all that and the only fix for me was a new switch panel.

Old 12-16-2012, 05:37 AM
Default Fuse

Check #77 fuse since you are looking!

Old 12-16-2012, 05:40 AM

https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/h...t-26761/page2/

Just got back from the what used to be the biggest Hummer dealer in the mid west (Lynch Hummer) and I pulled up and introduced my self and the Hummer service tech swapped the old one out and plugged the new one in and it was a miracle but everything was working. (no charge on the labor) Decided since I drove 100 miles to get to them that I would have them change my fluids, trans, rear and front diff. They went over a few other things with me and answered all my questions. The service tech had 10 years experience with all the Hummers. A nice group of people. Even got a great deal on a chrome brush guard that someone never picked up. This made the trip well worth the gas. Sometimes when you have tried all the tricks of touching this and that or pulling this or that , that maybe the switch panel itself is bad and it was. Nice to be able to lock the rear door and all the other doors with the fob. Thanks for every ones help on this subject. I could have put the switch in myself but chose to go to the dealer in case it was something else and I was lucky that it was just a bad door switch panel. It feels good when everything is working on your Hummer the way it should work. Thanks again!!!

Old 12-17-2012, 05:49 PM

We are experiencing this now. We replaced the horrible factory connections over a year ago when it first happened. Now it has come back. Terminals were nasty so just expected that was the issue. Cleaned them up to no avail. Tried all the tricks to reset. I'll wait a while but what finally made you get a new switch panel Ultra?

Old 12-18-2012, 04:22 PM

I bought a new switch panel when all the other tricks did not work. I made sure a got a panel from a supplier that accepted returns in case the new switch did not work. Like I said in a previous post, after going into all the forums and trying this and that the only thing left was replacing the switch and that was the problem. It has been working fine for over a year now. Good Luck!

Old 12-18-2012, 04:22 PM
Old 12-18-2012, 05:01 PM

This site has the switch panel you are looking for!!

Hummer H3 Power Window Switch 2006-2010 OEM

Old 12-19-2012, 06:56 AM
Old 12-24-2012, 11:17 PM

Same problem happened to me today. I was gone to mexico for 7 days. I left the 3 parked outside. Its about minus 25 celcius in calgary. Came back. It started fine on saturday but i never drove it. Then today it wouldnt start. I boosted it and it started but driver window, key fob/remote start and power locks dont work. I tried touching the cables, didnt work. Drove it for about 20 mins, then parked it for 30 mins.. Tried to start and it wouldnt work. Threw a bettery charger on for a while and it started no problem but still have the problem with the window switch and locks and key fob.
I ordered a new window switch from amazon for $110. Its supposed to be here on friday.
In the mean time, anybody know how to manually lock the rear hatch door?

Quick Reply: Power Locks and Driver Side Window not working