Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Passlock-No Start-Ignition Switch Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2017, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by Kimmb
This worked guys!!! Dont buy or order anything, i tried evrything that evryone recommended & nothing worked but this!!! Couldnt beleive it! After the third try, it fired rite up, no problem
Turn the key & try to start, leave in start position for 10 minutes or til security light quits blinking, turn key to off position for 10 seconds & try to start again. Again, leave in start position til security light quits blinking, 10 minutes, turn key to off position for 10 seconds, repeat this for a 3rd time, after turning key to off position for 10 seconds, it'll fire rite up! Amazing! So happy it worked!!!!

Old 07-29-2017, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by shanejackson
Suffering from the same $hit.... seems GM has a bug with this. I was at the PO the other day and a guy in a Colorado had the same problem..... I love my hummer but this crap is getting OLD!

I dont know if I should get a new key cut as I have seen this might help if it is a wore out key (5 year old key.... good chance of it) or just go buy a new sensor and put it in.....

Shane

every time i read one of theses stories i think how 10 min could be life or death. would gm be responsible.
you know, a lady stuck in a parking lot, a guy outside with a pipe,,,,,

Old 07-31-2017, 10:08 AM

Keys get worn, lock cylinders wear, people have too much junk hanging off of their key chains, etc. Why would a manufacturer be responsible for a wear item past warranty?

Old 01-10-2019, 09:57 PM
Default But is Passlock the root cause?

In Nov 18 I purchased a low-mileage 07 H3 base for my boys to drive, they’ll be 15 and 16 in February. The car was clean, still smelled new inside and only had 34,XXX miles on it.

I hit the forums since it was a used car as-is no warranty. I read through everyone’s horror stories and decided on a bypass system. I installed the bypass module and have not had an issue with the car starting since.

There have been other signs though. Every now and then I get a message to service the TPMS system and at the same time the compass in the rear view mirror goes dim and is barely legible.

I have a plug-in module so I can read and reset codes. It always says my left front sensor has gone bad. But then the next time I start the car the alarm is gone. I’m going to review the prints some more and see where the compass is powered from. There might be a ground in the wiring somewhere causing things to freak out a bit. I’ll keep you all posted on what I find.

Old 12-09-2019, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by shanejackson
After living with this problem for months I finally got tired of this happening at the worst possible time. Rather than dealing with GM and paying an arm and a leg to get this fixed, and knowing I would probably be dealing with it again in the future if I went that route, I installed a passlock bypass kit. Here is the cheapest passlock bypass kit I have found:

Amazon.com: Crimestopper PASSLOCK-SL-H3 Passlock Data Bypass Kit for Hummer H3: Automotive

Hope that helps.

Shane
amazon reviews are unfortunately not very good for this passlock product unfortunately...

Old 12-09-2019, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by doyledavison@hotmail.com
amazon reviews are unfortunately not very good for this passlock product unfortunately...
Replying to a post from 12-11-2012.

Old 12-09-2019, 01:58 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by doyledavison@hotmail.com
Please avoid digging up OLD Threads, no reason to do it. READ them if you want, just avoid dragging them from the dead with a tack on post.

Thank you.

Old 12-26-2019, 02:35 PM

After reading all the threads, today I ordered the module from PCMfor less. I am down in the Arizona desert (Quartzsite) and can't afford to get stuck here. Car is at the post office waiting for a tow to the only garage in town. Haveing PCM overnight air freight the module to me to replace. They tell me the passlight MIGHT stay on or not. We'll see.
First problem we have had with our H3. Had it now for 6 years and we love it! Tows great behind our motorhome. Hope this solves my first problem.
Thanks for all the people responding to the thread for this 77 yo guy to read.
Great site!

Old 12-26-2019, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by Bluebird Bob
After reading all the threads, today I ordered the module from PCMfor less. I am down in the Arizona desert (Quartzsite) and can't afford to get stuck here. Car is at the post office waiting for a tow to the only garage in town. Haveing PCM overnight air freight the module to me to replace. They tell me the passlight MIGHT stay on or not. We'll see.
First problem we have had with our H3. Had it now for 6 years and we love it! Tows great behind our motorhome. Hope this solves my first problem.
Thanks for all the people responding to the thread for this 77 yo guy to read.
Great site!
You missed the post above from Doc? Btw, it's easy to clean the connections at the ignition switch.

Old 01-08-2021, 02:35 PM

How much did that cost?

Quick Reply: Passlock-No Start-Ignition Switch Replacement