Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Oil Catch Pan

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2024, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by wpage
Why>?
Better quality design Made in Germany Which 1 would you trust mounted on your oil pan?

Old 03-07-2024, 09:46 AM

i would trust the japanease one? german will most likely be over engineered.

Old 03-07-2024, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by bronxteck
i would trust the Japanese one? German will most likely be over engineered.
X2, been using them for years on OffRoad vehicles, street vehicles and other engines. No issues.
Also, No "extra" parts to deal. Another plus on the Fumoto is the cost!

Last edited by TAINTER; 03-07-2024 at 12:44 PM.
Old 03-07-2024, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by hummerz
Better quality design Made in Germany Which 1 would you trust mounted on your oil pan?

Yeah, I think I'll stick with my Fumoto; The Stalhbus requires a special fitting on the drain hose to actually open the valve; just something else to get lost or damaged. I don't need/want a special "tool" just to drain my oil; I can use any old piece of 3/8" tubing with my Fumoto.

Last edited by 650Hawk; 03-07-2024 at 04:19 PM.
Old 03-07-2024, 05:17 PM

There are several good choices, but I settled on the Stalhbus because of the compact, clean design.

Old 03-07-2024, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by 650Hawk
Yeah, I think I'll stick with my Fumoto; The Stalhbus requires a special fitting on the drain hose to actually open the valve; just something else to get lost or damaged. I don't need/want a special "tool" just to drain my oil; I can use any old piece of 3/8" tubing with my Fumoto.
That valve has weak points when driving without engine undercover shields, I removed those years ago. I still use the OEM magnetic drain plug with seal incorporated, I never had a problem changing my engine oil and never had a leak. Quick easy oil change for me without the shields and I can inspect the drain plug magnet for excessive wear.

Old 03-08-2024, 10:51 AM
Super Moderator

I use the Fumoto and added one to the Transmission Pan as well. Great for no mess fluid changes.

I wheel with full BA UCP and the only possible concern would be if a big azzed stick (strong enough not to bend/break) got wedged up through the UCP cage up against the Fumoto. Never happen so far, not even close, and I also have the OEM drain plug in my off road goodie bag just in case.

I also have a sweet oil catch pan exactly like the pic hummerz posted.....

Old 03-08-2024, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by hummerz
That valve has weak points when driving without engine undercover shields, I removed those years ago.
Please tell us about those "weak points when driving without engine undercover shields"? I have had a Fumoto on my H3T which is wheeled extensively and no issues. Haven't had UCP on the engine trans since the SAS in 2019. NEVER had an issue with the Fumoto valve!

Old 03-08-2024, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by TAINTER
Please tell us about those "weak points when driving without engine undercover shields"? I have had a Fumoto on my H3T which is wheeled extensively and no issues. Haven't had UCP on the engine trans since the SAS in 2019. NEVER had an issue with the Fumoto valve!
Open/close lever design not good under a vehicle!
Open extension nipple not good under a vehicle!
Also, a lot of dirty oil left in the pan due to the protruding threads inside the oil pan!
Simple math to a proper oil change for engine longevity, subtract ALL old oil and add new oil.

Old 03-12-2024, 03:35 PM

QUOTE=hummerz;407473]Open/close lever design not good under a vehicle!
Open extension nipple not good under a vehicle!
Also, a lot of dirty oil left in the pan due to the protruding threads inside the oil pan!
Simple math to a proper oil change for engine longevity, subtract ALL old oil and add new oil.
[/QUOTE]
The lever does not stick down and is not in a vulnerable position. Ditto for the nipple. No difference between the Fumoto and the Stalhbus when it comes to the threads inside the oil pan. The difference in the amount of oil left in the pan is negligible.

Last edited by 650Hawk; 03-12-2024 at 03:37 PM.

Quick Reply: Oil Catch Pan