Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

No sound from speakers or door chimes

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2018, 11:14 AM
Super Moderator

Time to replace your dead speakers. Consider it an opportunity for upgrade.

Old 03-20-2018, 01:22 PM

Speakers coming on and off can be a few things.

-Speakers need replacing (intermittent sound)
-Connectors on the doors need to be reseated (grey in-between the door and door jam)
-Spliced wires (not fun to trace wires, start form the speaker to the head unit)

Old 06-25-2018, 01:49 PM

Mine did the exact same thing (2008 H2). Intermitant sound. No chimes. Stock Bose system. Replaced Bose amp located under the center console and everything works perfectly again. The Bose amp seems to push all chimes. Chime sounds appear to come from tweeter speakers on the top left and right of the dash.

Old 03-01-2019, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by 757cc
Found the problem...blown amp fuse! Fixed now
where was it located I have the exact problem only my front tweeters are working

Old 03-02-2019, 09:41 AM
Default Bose amp location

Originally Posted by Tj Marshall
where was it located I have the exact problem only my front tweeters are working
TJ, The amp is located under the center console (storage compartment between front seats). It takes a little work to get to it. I can’t remember where I found great YouTube video showing how to remove. Most larger pieces are just clipped in. Find info online though, will help in not breaking anything. Note, once I had main console (large piece under shifter) and back panel (the one facing back seat which just clips in and out-remove electrical harnesses), I found I could just drill holes in bottom of storage box to access screws holding in amp. Found amp on eBay for $65, used but still working great. Good luck.

Old 03-02-2019, 09:47 AM

If looking to check fuse, most likely not the problem but good starting point, it’s under hood, upper right corner (drivers side). I would remove fuse until you locate problem. If amp is blown, it could cause harm to head unit (main stereo) if you leave it in.

Old 03-02-2019, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by kidmitchell

TJ, The amp is located under the center console (storage compartment between front seats). It takes a little work to get to it. I can’t remember where I found great YouTube video showing how to remove. Most larger pieces are just clipped in. Find info online though, will help in not breaking anything. Note, once I had main console (large piece under shifter) and back panel (the one facing back seat which just clips in and out-remove electrical harnesses), I found I could just drill holes in bottom of storage box to access screws holding in amp. Found amp on eBay for $65, used but still working great. Good luck.
so u have to buy a whole new amp for it ? U didn't just replace fuse . now only my front tweeters are working no back speakers

Old 03-03-2019, 07:12 PM

When me amp went bad, it was gradual, first the speakers (all) would sporadically not work, then over time no sound at all except a loud irritating buzzing. If you still have sound to your tweeters, the main fuse under the hood is probably not blown. I’m guessing the fuse in your amp is not blown either if your getting any sound at all. Amps go bad in different ways, hard to tell. If you lose all sounds, including car chimes (turn signal, open door, etc.) then most likely amp needs replacing. When my amp went bad, all chimes went silent. Good luck.

Old 07-06-2022, 02:20 AM

Originally Posted by 757cc
Found the problem...blown amp fuse! Fixed now

Where did you find the amplifier fuse?
I have same problem

Old 07-06-2022, 09:35 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Andries
Where did you find the amplifier fuse?
I have same problem
Welcome.

You have the additional problem of digging up an OLD AZZED Thread to tack on a question. READ: Old Threads/'Necro-Bumping'