Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Missing skid plate bolt, offroad pics

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 08:18 PM
Default RE: Missing skid plate bolt, offroad pics

Lock Tite or a good old lock washer, or warsher as we say in the south...

Old 08-15-2007, 09:45 AM
Default RE: Missing skid plate bolt, offroad pics

Jiffy lube left 3 of mine half way threaded.I just happened to check cuz i never have others do my oil but ran out of time and this crap happens. Never will go there again.

Old 09-14-2018, 11:20 PM

I just brought mine in to get the oil changed. Thanked the guys for dealing with the skid plates...They said a couple of bolts were missing...wtf? I've only brought it to that place to get the oil changed for years.
Got under it today, and 1 bolt missing from the front, one from middle and one from rear of the skid plates. They jammed in an oddball bolt in the middle section that didn't fit. Thankfully they didn't strip the welded nut on the brace. I was blaming them until I read these posts of the bolts rattling out. Now I'm not sure, but I am guessing these oil change guys still probably screwed it up. Took the skid plates off til my box of 25 new bolts arrives. Then I will put a drop of loctite on each before reinstall

Old 09-17-2018, 09:37 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by caboman
I just brought mine in to get the oil changed. Thanked the guys for dealing with the skid plates...They said a couple of bolts were missing...wtf? I've only brought it to that place to get the oil changed for years.
Got under it today, and 1 bolt missing from the front, one from middle and one from rear of the skid plates. They jammed in an oddball bolt in the middle section that didn't fit. Thankfully they didn't strip the welded nut on the brace. I was blaming them until I read these posts of the bolts rattling out. Now I'm not sure, but I am guessing these oil change guys still probably screwed it up. Took the skid plates off til my box of 25 new bolts arrives. Then I will put a drop of loctite on each before reinstall
You dug up this OLD AZZED thread from 11+ Years ago to tell us about skid plate bolts.
See: https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/n...bumping-23220/

I still have all mine, but I do all my oil changes, no kids from Quickie Change allowed.