PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil change/Car wash from H3LL

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 11:12 PM
Default Oil change/Car wash from H3LL

I visited a local Phx chain, Danny's Family Car Wash, that I've frequented for many years today for my oil change and car wash. They've almost always done a good job, until today. I couldn't get a good answer to my issue when I was there today so I sent them this letter. I'm a bit P.O.ed. I'm curious as to whether they respond and what that response might be.
[hr] Re: Raintree location visit, 2/19/08, Ticket #1417
To Whom It May Concern:
I am a longtime customer of Danny’s Family Car Washes. They have been my primary source of car washes, oil changes and window tinting for at least the past ten years. Today’s visit to the Raintree location was both uncharacteristic of my past visit and unpleasant as well.
I headed to the Raintree location to take advantage of the $8 Val-pak coupon for an oil change. I’ve had my oil changed on my 2007 Hummer H3 at this location for the life of the vehicle, which is now three oil changes. Please bear with me here as I have a list of complaints and observations to share.
Missing Skid Plate Bolt
After my car wash I looked under my truck to verify that all six skid plate bolts were in place. I know they can be difficult to secure so I looked. The rearmost driver side bolt was missing. I checked these bolts yesterday after going offroading last week to ensure that all of them were intact after rocks hit the skid plate. I was happy to see that yesterday all the bolts were in place.
I watched your technician from the window undo the skid plate bolts. He started at the rear, passenger side and removed that bolt. He then moved to the driver side and removed that bolt. I watched him remove the next four bolts, moving forward one section at a time. When I returned to the oil change bays to inquire about my missing bolt he said there never was one. If it truly was missing, as he claims, why wouldn’t he cover his tracks and say that at the outset? As the person that talked to me said “Customers always claim something is missing when it was already missing when they came in.” Besides being a very broad and negative generalization it is simply incorrect here.
The person that met me did go look for a bolt but claims there was none.
Untightened Skid Plate Bolts
The front two skid plate bolts were not tightened by the technician. They were not difficult to secure when I got home so the lack of tightening was not an issue created by the truck or a misalignment of the bolts. He simply failed to tighten them.
Unrequested Item Added to Car Wash Service
I was asked at the outset if I wanted to upgrade to Works or VIP wash. I declined both, citing the fact that my truck was going to sit at the airport for a week so it didn’t need those services added right now. When I reviewed my bill while I was waiting for the vehicle to be dried I noticed that a $3 Works upcharge was added to the invoice. It was also marked on the truck as your employee did add the tire shine to the tires.
Poor Quality Car Wash/Missed Soil
My H3 was very dirty this week from taking it offroad. So, in preparation for today’s car wash I took it to a do-it-yourself place last night (yes, in the rain) to get off the major dirt. I spent extra time on the lower body panels and wheels. When I looked at the skid plates I also noticed that the wheels were very dirty and there were still pockets of dirt on the body panels. I wasn’t worried about the hard to reach places but these are standard areas that I would expect to be clean and I believe you would too. I know Danny’s will run the truck through again or address it on the spot but I was already very unhappy with the denials by the oil change personnel and really did not want to be there any longer.
Sunroof Not Fully Closed
First, this issue begins with me. I forgot to close my sunroof. I had it popped open and noticed it was open during the oil change. I asked the service manager to close it and he did. What I noticed w

Old 02-17-2008, 01:11 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Oil change/Car wash from H3LL

Alex let me know how it goes. That Danny's is right across the street from my Scottsdale office and some of my employees use that same car wash.

Old 02-17-2008, 06:22 AM

Hope you get what you from them, good luck, let us know what happens.

Old 02-17-2008, 07:54 AM
Super Moderator

I have to agree that your complaints seem valid.... I don't think you are asking for too much.

Let us know how it turns out. I think you will probably get a sincere response since your complaints were well thought out and presented in a non-hostile way.

Good Luck.

Old 02-17-2008, 10:30 AM
Super Moderator

Good letter Alex. Your post also pointed out a good practice for people that have shops do their oil changes......check that all the skid plate bolts were reistalled and tightened. Those quickie change places employ a lot of kids, many of whom do not pay attention to what they are doing.

Old 02-17-2008, 11:06 AM
Super Moderator

Excellent point Doc. When the replaced the rear locker on the H1 Alpha they left off the under carriage protection. I crawled under the truck a few days later and did the WTF thing. Dealership was embarrassed and bought me a Coke while I waited but the point is good...you have to check no matter how good your mechanic is.

Old 02-17-2008, 01:17 PM

Customer Service SHOULD BE #1!! That's how I BUILT MY BUSINESS!!

I'm not familiar with Danny's? Is it a CORPORATE thing or locally owned??

Your letter is matter of fact and consise so hopefully you get some MUCH DESERVED allowances. I know alot of times it's more that you want an APOLOGY and some ACKNOWLEDGEMENT, so hopefully it works out!!!

Old 02-17-2008, 03:29 PM
Super Moderator

Should be Hummbob but seems to be on the endangered species list.

Old 02-17-2008, 06:52 PM

Letter was well written; hopefully at the least they will apologize and give some free coupons. Let us know

Old 02-17-2008, 09:38 PM
Super Moderator

I should be over there late next week. let me know if I can help in anyway.

Quick Reply: Oil change/Car wash from H3LL