Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Light bar in grill

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2015, 01:07 PM

I've seen a 30" install on here that someone did but i cant recall who. This install looks great and would work well for me to be able to route my (4)KC lines into the engine bay nicely. The 30" doesn't leave much room at all on either side. As for brackets my best guess is the custom route. I've asked several times for night shots but there's been no response. I love the look of the 28" in there but would really like to see the output before I replicate.

Old 10-10-2015, 10:21 AM

Yes a 30 will fit in there , the reason I used a 20 was so I could mount 2 small pod lights (1at each end ) at the ends . My mount is made of flat stock with tabs at the ends . It goes from bumper mount to bumber mount . I can change the light set up as many times as I want , as long as it fits in the opening.

Old 11-09-2015, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by HummDingr
I've seen a 30" install on here that someone did but i cant recall who. This install looks great and would work well for me to be able to route my (4)KC lines into the engine bay nicely. The 30" doesn't leave much room at all on either side. As for brackets my best guess is the custom route. I've asked several times for night shots but there's been no response. I love the look of the 28" in there but would really like to see the output before I replicate.
I just ordered this same light bar today from Amazon for $75 and free shipping. I am going to attempt to replicate this setup, I'll be sure to post a live shot when I'm finished.

Amazon.com: Eyourlife Dual Row Combo Curved Light Bar 28" 144W: Automotive Amazon.com: Eyourlife Dual Row Combo Curved Light Bar 28" 144W: Automotive

Old 11-10-2015, 08:14 AM

I am very interested in doing this but unfortunately do not have the ability (tools or shop) to create my own mounting bracket for a 28 or a 30...I am willing to pay someone to create one for me...just IM me please.

Old 11-10-2015, 05:43 PM

Sorry guys, had many challenges in the last couple of months, which is why I've been scarce.

A 30" will fit but it'll be a royal pain to install, with the 28" you can just about get access either side of the light bar to install / mount and tighten the brackets. with a 30" you may have to remove the bumper or come up with some kind of special mount. Which is why I did the 28"…

I'll take some illuminated pics and try and get some bracket pics - it's a little tight in there!

Old 11-10-2015, 07:10 PM

Here you go… kinda tricky as these are taken on a cellphone - seriously, pics don't do it justice, the bar is so bright it's uncomfortable to look at. One other thing, my light bar is purposely angled downwards, that way I can run in snow with the main beams off - that way I don't get blinded by snow being illuminated in front of the windshield - and I only do it when there are no other cars around.

Attached Thumbnails Light bar in grill-lightbar.jpg   Light bar in grill-without-1.jpg   Light bar in grill-1.jpg   Light bar in grill-without-2.jpg   Light bar in grill-2.jpg  

Old 11-10-2015, 07:13 PM

Just noticed, the light bar is so bright the LEDs actually reflected off the concrete in the first shot… sums it up really.

Old 11-10-2015, 07:15 PM

The second and fourth shots were taken with just the regular main beams on, the third and fifth were main beams plus light bar.

Old 11-10-2015, 07:28 PM

I'll try and get some shots of my bracket setup, need daylight. BTW, my main beams are SilverStar Xenons, pretty bright on their own.

Old 11-10-2015, 10:15 PM

What if you have a Winch where the Light Bar should be....what do you do?

Quick Reply: Light bar in grill