Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Leveling on 35"s vs. 4" lift on 35s. Measurments?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2011, 10:05 PM

I value everyones opinion.. I am NOT wanting to go to 37's. I want to stay with my 35's. I just wanted to sit a little higher then I do now.. But I am starting to see that if I take out my leveling kit, and do a 4 inch Kit its really only gonna make me sit maybe an inch or maybe two higher then I am now, which to me seems like a huge waste money. I rides decent now and goes everywhere I need it to go.. Thanks for the input guys.. TAINTER, I look forward to your project.. I will stay tuned in on your HT3. I love it.

Old 12-04-2011, 10:21 PM

bird: That last post was not at all aimed @ you. It was aimed directly @ schwartzy.

Our H3T will not be getting the body lift. My wife wants an H3T Alpha now. She drives in rush hour traffic a lot and the 5 speed is getting to her after a year and a half. It will be our 08 H3 Alpha that gets the body lift and other mods. It has enough power to propel(sp) the 37s. They will actually be 36.5" to 36.9" depending on the tire we decide to go with.

Old 12-04-2011, 10:36 PM

My 3.7 runs great with my exhuast, CAI, and pcm tune. Its not a 5.7 Vortec 350 like I was used to for years, but its ok for what it is.. I think 37's would kill that little motor.. Plus I love my Duratracs..

I just wish someone with a 4 inch and 315's would at least chime in so we could get some measurments.. I cant seem to find one anywhere in the Portland Area with a lifted h3..

Old 12-05-2011, 09:29 PM

Tainter,

I appears you have great knowledge of the H3's. So, let me start by saying I am new owner of an H3. My wife had a GMC Yukon and was ready for something else. She has had several lifted vehicle, Suburban, F-150, to name a few. We looked at getting a 4 dr Jeep, and changed to the Hummer. She loves it, but is not crazy about the factory rake, and loves to bling them up.

I have seen several post, and not trying to beat a dead horse on this subject, but you seem to have great knowledge of the H3. My question is she would like to put 20" wheels on it with a little bigger tire. We are thinking 35" tires. What, in your opinion, do we need to do to maintain a good ride, yet have a more aggressive look. I have been led to believe that a simple leveling kit will allow for a little more fender clearance to accomodate the 35" tire. Also, any opinion on backspacing on the wheels. Your opinion would be greatly appreciated

Old 12-05-2011, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by Bigshow
Tainter,

I appears you have great knowledge of the H3's. So, let me start by saying I am new owner of an H3. My wife had a GMC Yukon and was ready for something else. She has had several lifted vehicle, Suburban, F-150, to name a few. We looked at getting a 4 dr Jeep, and changed to the Hummer. She loves it, but is not crazy about the factory rake, and loves to bling them up.

I have seen several post, and not trying to beat a dead horse on this subject, but you seem to have great knowledge of the H3. My question is she would like to put 20" wheels on it with a little bigger tire. We are thinking 35" tires. What, in your opinion, do we need to do to maintain a good ride, yet have a more aggressive look. I have been led to believe that a simple leveling kit will allow for a little more fender clearance to accomodate the 35" tire. Also, any opinion on backspacing on the wheels. Your opinion would be greatly appreciated
big, you will want to start your own thread on your questions. Not kool to step on another thread.

You will get many helpful options/opinions and then you can make an educated decision. There are plenty of guys/gals on here that have great knowledge and we all learn from each other. That's how the HUMMER community works! You might want to spend some time using the "SEARCH" function up top and do some reading and look at the pix of the mods you are looking to do.

Old 12-06-2011, 06:52 AM

Taint is DA MAN! lol

Old 12-06-2011, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by Bigshow
I have been led to believe that a simple leveling kit will allow for a little more fender clearance to accomodate the 35" tire.
You have been led to believe WRONG.
35's will fit without leveling & you DO NOT need a "leveling kit" if you do want to level it.
Adjusting the torsion bars will level your H3 without wasting money on a kit.

Old 12-06-2011, 03:11 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Bunger
You have been led to believe WRONG.
35's will fit without leveling & you DO NOT need a "leveling kit" if you do want to level it.
Adjusting the torsion bars will level your H3 without wasting money on a kit.
Yeah, THAT!

And that stuff about Taint the know it all H3 guy....... woot. I poke fun @ MU, but he do know his shtuff.

Old 12-06-2011, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
Yeah, THAT!

And that stuff about Taint the know it all H3 guy....... woot. I poke fun @ MU, but he do know his shtuff.
DOC, Stop picking on the "fat kid"!

I do NOT know it all, I only know what I have personally done, I have helped others to do and what I have researched. I try to pass on any knowledge I may have gained to others here, there, there and there. Reading threads, making an informed decision, doing it yourself and reporting back is what it's all about.

Old 12-06-2011, 04:50 PM

Taint, you mean you don't always reference the service manual?????