Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Leveling on 35"s vs. 4" lift on 35s. Measurments?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2011, 05:54 PM
Default Leveling on 35"s vs. 4" lift on 35s. Measurments?

Here is my 2007 H3. I have it leveled (Bilstiens/ extended bump stops/ torsion crank) with 315 Duratracs and 17" wheels. I have had it for almost 3 years like this and love it. I am contemplating doing Tuff Country 4 inch lift. But my question is how much taller will the truck really sit on a 4 inch lift vs. The leveling kit.. I dont want to waste the money and time of putting in the kit if I am only gonna gain another inch or two of lift.. I will do some very light snow wheeling, but other then that is a pavement princess/kid hauler.. If any one has some fender measurments please let me know.. My front fender height is 41" inches and my Rears are at 40"s off the ground.. Thanks fellas..

Attached Thumbnails Leveling on 35"s vs. 4" lift on 35s. Measurments?-259153_10150240428673805_688663804_7093935_6077674_o.jpg  
Old 12-03-2011, 06:40 PM

I don't have exact dimensions but will try to let the right members know to respond, however I believe your reluctancey is warranted, your not gonna gain much w/ that lift or the rancho one, though they do allow for 37" tires so does a 1" body lift from day star... My other word of caution would be to not do it, simply because you will sacrifice ride quality and mpgs for very little, not to mention the wheels you have now look really sharp, do they have the right offset for that lift?

Old 12-03-2011, 07:02 PM

Just replaced my shocks with bilstien shocks, how tight do u tightened the top nut

Old 12-03-2011, 07:49 PM

I got mine nice and sung, but not so tight that it really flattened out the rubber bushings

Old 12-03-2011, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by DAGKANA
I don't have exact dimensions but will try to let the right members know to respond, however I believe your reluctancey is warranted, your not gonna gain much w/ that lift or the rancho one, though they do allow for 37" tires so does a 1" body lift from day star... My other word of caution would be to not do it, simply because you will sacrifice ride quality and mpgs for very little, not to mention the wheels you have now look really sharp, do they have the right offset for that lift?
I am running 1.5 " wheel spacers already so they would work, but I am only gonna do the lift if its gonna be noticeable lift compared to what it is now. I have no plans to ever do 37's as I love the duratracs. I have my PCMforless programed already for the 315's and love the power and how the truck runs now.. I have been dealing with gas mileage issues for a while. I just figured that my thermostat was stuck open allowing the truck to run way to cool, dumping way to much fuel into a supposed cold motor as the computer read it.. It runs WAY better now, my gas mileage went way up, but now my radiator is now leaking.. New project this week to replace the radiator

Old 12-03-2011, 08:02 PM

I can't remember who has the 4 inch rancho lift, but it looked awesome. They did it on a H3T with 315's and it looked like an ARB bumper. For the money the lift costs maybe there is a custom shop that can do a higher lift. The shop in my are quoted me $6k for a 10inch lift. They told me they were going to make custom parts to achieve this and didn't gaurantee any good mpg's. Good Luck!!!!

Old 12-03-2011, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by 2wheelmonster
I can't remember who has the 4 inch rancho lift, but it looked awesome. They did it on a H3T with 315's and it looked like an ARB bumper. For the money the lift costs maybe there is a custom shop that can do a higher lift. The shop in my are quoted me $6k for a 10inch lift. They told me they were going to make custom parts to achieve this and didn't gaurantee any good mpg's. Good Luck!!!!
I love jacked up rigs but I am older now, have kids use this as my family car.. the Duratracs are the best Tire I have ever owned.. I have had just about ever mud tire known to man on lots of different jacked up trucks over the years and these flat out hook up the best and get me around in the snow and ice better then any tire I have ever used.. I will stick with the 315's but I just want a little more height. I have seen a few, infact there is one like mine under the suspension section of this forum.. same color as mine too.. It looks sick with lift on it, but with out measurements or comparing side by side, I cant not justify spending the money..

Old 12-03-2011, 10:02 PM

What is the reason you want the lift kit? Looks, greater OffRoad break over angles, etc?

While I do not have exact measurments, I do have pix of 2 2009 H3Ts. The maroon "T" has the 4" Rancho kit (the only lift I would put on an H3/H3T) with 37" MTZ tires. The grey "T" is ours with a t-bar crank to 23 1/4" and 35" MTZ tires. As you can see there is a HUGE difference between the 2. Plus the CVs and tie rods with the Rancho 4" kit are almost flat unlike mine with the t-bar crank.

Name:  DSC01916-1.jpg
Views: 6143
Size:  268.8 KB

Name:  DSC01915-1.jpg
Views: 9883
Size:  273.2 KB

Name:  DSC01913-1.jpg
Views: 8014
Size:  269.7 KB

Name:  DSC01909-1.jpg
Views: 5412
Size:  108.7 KB

Last edited by TAINTER; 12-03-2011 at 10:04 PM.
Old 12-03-2011, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by TAINTER
What is the reason you want the lift kit? Looks, greater OffRoad break over angles, etc?

While I do not have exact measurments, I do have pix of 2 2009 H3Ts. The maroon "T" has the 4" Rancho kit (the only lift I would put on an H3/H3T) with 37" MTZ tires. The grey "T" is ours with a t-bar crank to 23 1/4" and 35" MTZ tires. As you can see there is a HUGE difference between the 2. Plus the CVs and tie rods with the Rancho 4" kit are almost flat unlike mine with the t-bar crank.

I love your Truck.. The stance of the maroon one is sick, but your color, style and wheels is way cooler.. I am in Portland Oregon.. While there is lots of H3's running around.. there are very few that are tricked.. Mine is the best one I have seen (not blowing my own horn, cause I am wanting to see ones better done) I wanna be different and my buddy owns a 4wheel drive shop in town.. He has not done one yet or seen any in the Portland area done.. I will wheel it a little in the snow and maybe down at coast on the beach but nothing too crazy.. The stance between yours and his is obviously different, but I wonder how much of that is tire size?

Old 12-03-2011, 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by bird72763
I love your Truck.. The stance of the maroon one is sick, but your color, style and wheels is way cooler.. I am in Portland Oregon.. While there is lots of H3's running around.. there are very few that are tricked.. Mine is the best one I have seen (not blowing my own horn, cause I am wanting to see ones better done) I wanna be different and my buddy owns a 4wheel drive shop in town.. He has not done one yet or seen any in the Portland area done.. I will wheel it a little in the snow and maybe down at coast on the beach but nothing too crazy.. The stance between yours and his is obviously different, but I wonder how much of that is tire size?
Thanks for the nice words. If you look at the space between the front tire and the fender you can see a big difference even with his 37s. Our 315s are 34.5" tall and the 37s are 36.9". So the difference is 2.4" devide that by 2 = 1.2" difference in the overall height between the 2. So add another 1.2" (1") to the gap between the front tire and the fender. It is almost a 4" diff. with the Rancho.

If I could still use my stock rims without spacers I would have a Rancho on our 08 H3 Alpha.

Quick Reply: Leveling on 35"s vs. 4" lift on 35s. Measurments?