Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Hummer H3 Rear Door Vent Seal?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2023, 01:46 PM
Smile Hummer H3 Rear Door Vent Seal?

Hello, hello! Long time no post.

So, I've got a bit of a conundrum. I've got a 2007 Hummer H3. It, like all the other H3's has that de-pressurizing vent in the back door under the spare tire carrier. Now I'm not looking to block it off, or replace it or put a light in it. No, my problem is a bit different.

The vent itself is still in place, still works, etc... The weather-stripping/seal/whateveryoucallit, the black rubber stuff that keeps it settled in the door, rotted out and fell apart, so now the vent just kind of bobbles around. when I'm going over bumps. Thankfully the 'cure' so far has just been 'crank the stereo', lol. SO! The big question is, does -anyone- have a part number, or suggestion to put the thing back in place so it -doesn't- bobble around? I've been toying with the idea of black silicone or maybe gorilla double-sided tape on the inside of the door, but I'd rather try to go OE if I could, thus far I haven't found a part number for that seal-strip stuff on any GM OE parts website, rockauto, or anywhere else.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

2007 Hummer H3 rear door vent. Pardon how dirty she is, I need to give her a bath.

Old 06-19-2023, 03:20 PM

I installed a led light included seal to stop the water from getting in the rear door. I found my oem jack unused/rusted and all other contents in the cargo door were wet. Been dry inside since my project found here>Giving some attention to the rear

Old 06-19-2023, 04:16 PM

some dense foam weather seal strip tape from a local hardware store? they come in different widths. used for doors and windows / ac units

Old 06-20-2023, 08:17 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by bronxteck
some dense foam weather seal strip tape from a local hardware store? they come in different widths. used for doors and windows / ac units
I believe he is talking about the flappers inside the rear deflector purge vent. The rubber flappers are not a "part" by themselves, you have to buy the whole unit. GM 15209785 if you can find one.

Old 06-20-2023, 08:50 AM
Old 06-20-2023, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by hummerz
I installed a led light included seal to stop the water from getting in the rear door. I found my oem jack unused/rusted and all other contents in the cargo door were wet. Been dry inside since my project found here>Giving some attention to the rear

https://youtu.be/IRHwEqtfaOc
how does ventilation work?

Old 06-20-2023, 03:42 PM
Cool

Originally Posted by Disel
It doesn't

Last edited by 650Hawk; 06-20-2023 at 03:44 PM.
Old 06-20-2023, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by Disel
HVAC Air Inlet > Air Inlet Duct >Air Distributor Case >HVAC Unit Case

Old 06-20-2023, 09:52 PM

That device is a pressure relief valve for the interior of the vehicle. Its purpose is to let air escape when doors are closed thereby reducing door closing efforts. Without it the doors would tend to bounce off the seals unless slammed due to the resistance created by air being compressed inside the vehicle.

Old 06-21-2023, 09:05 AM
Super Moderator

It is also to allow air to vent OUT when you run the fan which actually pressurizes the cabin when windows are closed.

Quick Reply: Hummer H3 Rear Door Vent Seal?