Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Hummer H3 mild lift kit opinion?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2013, 02:36 PM

Metal on metal may sound bad, but I believe its better to extend the shock by putting a shock spacer (a 1/2 inch nut) so that not all the force is taken by the shock and some of it is transmitted to the metal stop.

Im currently experimenting by putting a low profile bump stop directly on the Metal stop. I basically enlarged the already existing hole in the metal stop and added a polyurethane bump stop. With bilstein shocks installed, I get metal on metal continuously at high speeds, which is what Im trying to reduce.

Old 06-04-2013, 08:41 AM

I'll catch a lot of crap for this but here it goes. A lot of the guys telling you 24" is to high isn't true. Yes maybe if you're trail riding/ rock climbing...whatever its called. Anyway. I've been cranked to 24" for close to or a little over 2 years now with absolutely no problem. My H3 gets taken off road during the weekends of duck season and that is through mud and ruts. South Louisiana doesn't have rocks. So to recap: Rock climb/trail ride don't crank your t-bars to 24", If you off road a few times a year or only during hunting season, or not at all being at 24" should be fine.

With all that said, i would just go with the rancho 4" lift. Its not a big lift and you won't need to worry about cranking your t-bars too high or not enough. My Rancho lift is going on my H3 at 9am today and i'll get it back on Thursday. Can't wait!

Old 06-04-2013, 02:11 PM
rsc

Glad you like the 24" height. Now go out and look at the shaft angle at 23" and then at 24". Looks kinda steep doesnt it? Makes it wear out faster, maybe? This was all hashed out 5 or 6 years ago and we found excessive wear from that height but you can reinvent the wheel if you want.

Old 06-04-2013, 02:26 PM

2 plus years and still going strong @ 24"

Old 06-04-2013, 02:28 PM

You should put some b4 and after pics up @ Cajun_Tiger_Hummer

Old 06-04-2013, 02:29 PM

I sure will. I'll create a new thread once i get the H3 back.

Old 06-26-2013, 09:57 PM
Default rox suspension

Just got my 3 inch lift on my h3t i got it from rox suspension in this picture the guy i took it to didn't crank the torsion bars high enough in the front so it was rubbung the fenders on the inside. i took ut to another guy and had him cranked the tbars up another inch or so and now it is good to go no rubbing and the ride is pretty smooth . I'll post new pics tomorrow

Attached Thumbnails Hummer H3 mild lift kit opinion?-imag0657.jpg  
Old 01-25-2014, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by deebocubs

You have to replace all shocks with this option,
Front - Cognito Bilstein Shocks.
Back - 3 Inch Shackle with Rancho RS9000xl
I keep my shocks in the back on the softest setting during normal use and when I'm offroading I use a stiffer setting since the springs need the extra support. I have been running this setup for 2 years now without any problems. Eventually I would like to get a full suspension. It's a good setup since your able to adjust the ride for fun and daily use.
Pardon my French but how in the hell did you level the front with a damn 3 inch shackle in the rear?? That means you had to do six inches in the front??

Old 01-26-2014, 11:13 PM
rsc

He probably used a 3" longer shackle for an effective 1.5" lift. Just a guess since I haven't seen him post in a while. Doc will be along shortly to tell you to read the pinned Do Not Post thread...

Old 02-01-2014, 12:31 AM

Originally Posted by rsc
He probably used a 3" longer shackle for an effective 1.5" lift. Just a guess since I haven't seen him post in a while. Doc will be along shortly to tell you to read the pinned Do Not Post thread...
This makes no sense at all.. The front of an h3 sits three inches lower than the back stock. If he added a 3 inch shackle that would mean he would've had to crank the torsion bars 6 inches to reach the same height as the back. And there is no way in hell he did that.

Quick Reply: Hummer H3 mild lift kit opinion?