Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Hummer H3 mild lift kit opinion?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2012, 03:17 AM

Its a Rola roof rack

Old 04-29-2012, 07:50 PM
Default Leveled Front, 3 Inch Shackle in the Rear

You have to replace all shocks with this option,
Front - Cognito Bilstein Shocks.
Back - 3 Inch Shackle with Rancho RS9000xl
I keep my shocks in the back on the softest setting during normal use and when I'm offroading I use a stiffer setting since the springs need the extra support. I have been running this setup for 2 years now without any problems. Eventually I would like to get a full suspension. It's a good setup since your able to adjust the ride for fun and daily use.

Old 04-30-2012, 07:21 PM

deebocubs.. that's the look that I'm trying to achieve. What are the sizes of the wheels and tires and also the brand of the wheels? Thanks

Old 05-01-2012, 07:11 PM

I'm running 35s Nitto Trails on 18 inch rims. Eagle alloy rim brand.

Last edited by deebocubs; 05-01-2012 at 08:24 PM.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:34 AM

Which lift did you use

Old 04-08-2013, 10:43 PM

save your money. level the truck, and buy a daystar 1" body lift. People are running 37s under that set up. you will spend $300 for the daystar, and about $70 for an alignment. It is way cheaper than those $3k suspension lifts and with 37s is taller than one with the 3" lift and 35s

Old 04-09-2013, 08:45 AM

As skeeter pointed out. Adjust the torsion bars and get an alignment (cost of an alignment). If you want to go a little higher, then you can do the Daystar body lift ($170). Higher you say?, Rancho makes a 4" full suspension lift kit (over $3000 you have to buy new wheels and tires or use very heavy duty wheel spacers). Heck just the addition of a set of 315/75R16 (35") tires will make a world of difference all by themselves.

1" Daystar Body Lift under $170 @ mudflaps.com. KG04501BK is the correct part #.

Daystar KG04501BK 1" Taller Polyurethane Body Mount Kit (Works with Factory Body Mount Bushings) (2004 - 2009) Hummer H3 & H3T 2WD & 4WD Truck

To run 37s on an H3 it is not just bolt on and go. You will have to trim some plastic of the inner fender liner up front and a small section of metal and plastic out back. The H3T is just trimming the front fender well.

Hope that helps.

Old 04-09-2013, 09:21 PM
Default I went the cheap route and didn't purchase a lift kit.

The shackles I bought off ebay for around 100. The ranching rear shocks were around 160. The front shocks I recently replaced with skyjackers which were 80 and I cranked the torsion bolts. No level kit needed. I'm in it 340 in parts. I got the unlimited alignment service which was 150 through Firestone. I get my alignments done every time I get an oil change so I can extend the life of the tires. So roughly $500 for 2.5 inches of lift. I couldn't see spending all the extra thousands on a lift kit since I almost achieved the same amount of lift as some of the 3 inch suspension kits. I am sure the suspension lift kits give you a better ride on and off road but I am happy with the way mine rides.

Old 04-10-2013, 06:13 PM

I've been looking at three different kits on ebay there all three inch lifts one is from adrenaline suspensions one is from south coast customs and one is from rox suspensions the one from rox suspensions is the one i'm looking at the most it already comes with pro comp nitrogen shocks to replace the factory shocks instead of spacers i think i want to get it as high as possible without having to go rancho tthats for later if you guys could take a look at those kits and tell me what you think i would appreciate it. I have an 09 h3t alpha will the kits fit the h3t

Old 05-23-2013, 10:37 AM

wait....deebocubs.....if you cranked your Tbars up so that the lip of your fender was about 24 inches from the center of your hub cap that is about a 2.5 inch lift in the front. At that point, your truck would be level right? then if you added the rear shackles after that, how does your truck look level, and really good btw, in that picture instead of being 2 inches higher in the back. My dilemma is that I want my truck to look like yours. I just put reindexed keys on (i know it was a waste of money but I just wanted to be safe) and that only added about two inches to the front of my ride so now its level with the back or very close. but I really want a little more lift but I don't know where to go from here.

Quick Reply: Hummer H3 mild lift kit opinion?