Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Help! Codes that keep me from driving

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2023, 10:44 PM
Angry Help! Codes that keep me from driving

Im new here so if this is the wrong place to thread an in depth question about p0171 fuel bank lean 1, p2101 tac motor circuit range performance, p1516 electronic throttle mod vs throttle position performance and p2119 throttle position closed.
Came back from vacation and was driving home from thanksgiving dinner and reduced engine power came on and the engine died/stalled was able to pull over rolling and it would not restart. Went through my fuse box with test light and etc fuses and fuel pump fuse and relay are good, starter fuse/ relay was good as well but when trying to turn it over you could not here the fuel pump or starter hit well after a while i got a little more crazy with my diag and with key on pulled and replaced run start relay and it reset everything and allowed me to restart the hummer but I still let the tow truck take it. After a few days of driving after the incident it happened again same symptom same codes. now it will not let me restart at all it is fully locked down. Any ideas the scanner says the tps 1 and 2 are in agreeance of the position so am I going towards the pcm and going for wiring ?

Old 11-27-2023, 09:16 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome to HF. I moved this to the H3 section where all H3 tech questions go, if you have an H3 as you did not bother to tell us what you are asking about???????????

Model, Year and Miles?????

Easy stuff first. When was the last time you cleaned the Throttle Body and MAF using TB Cleaner and MAF cleaner? Do NOT use other solvents like carb or brake cleaner etc..

Old 11-27-2023, 01:51 PM

Green crusties in the interior of fuse box. Battery, cables, terminals,etc. C105 and C106 ground lugs corroded or breaking, broken. TB wire nearest plug damaged or plug bad.
just all guesses.