Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Universal Home Remote

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2023, 09:56 PM
Default Universal Home Remote

Hi Guys,
I seem to be having some difficulty in getting my system to work. I've followed the directions in my owner's manual and tried several times but I just can't get it to function.
I follow the steps 1 through 4 and all looks correct with the right flashing light, until I get to step 4 which says:

"The indicator light will flash slowly at first and then rapidly after UHR successfully receives the frequency signal from the hand-held transmitter. Release both buttons."

It will flash slowly but never changes up to the rapid flash. My garage door opener is only about 4 years old so it should have no problem reading from my current remote. Anybody else have an issue with this?
Cheers, Greg

Old 08-01-2023, 03:23 PM

My garage door opener is older, but if I remember correctly, I had the same issue. I ended up having to use the set button on the actual opener; the handheld transmitter wouldn't work. Check the instructions on the garage door opener; there should be a section about it.

Old 08-01-2023, 04:50 PM

I currently have 4 wireless remotes programmed to my garage door opener. ALL programmed via pressing the learn button on the OPENER HEAD UNIT! Press the learn button and proceed with pairing. Btw, without the learn button security feature, anyone could pull up in my driveway and open the garage door.

Old 08-03-2023, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by 650Hawk
My garage door opener is older, but if I remember correctly, I had the same issue. I ended up having to use the set button on the actual opener; the handheld transmitter wouldn't work. Check the instructions on the garage door opener; there should be a section about it.
X2, if the actual door opener is older you may have to press the "learn" button on the actual unit while another person performs the "learn" inside the vehicle.

Old 08-05-2023, 10:10 PM

I think you guys are right, it will be a 2 man job now. Thanks

Old 08-06-2023, 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by GregL
I think you guys are right, it will be a 2 man job now. Thanks
How far away is your GDO?

Openers with a GREEN, RED, ORANGE or PURPLE learn/program button stay in accessory programming mode the 30 seconds, after 30 seconds the learn/program LED will turn off. Units with a YELLOW learn/program button stay in accessory programming mode for up to 3 minutes.

Old 08-09-2023, 01:33 AM

I can park directly beneath it so it would be roughly 14 inches from the bottom of the GDO to the visor.
My openers only seem to have red lights.

Old 08-09-2023, 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by GregL
I can park directly beneath it so it would be roughly 14 inches from the bottom of the GDO to the visor.
My openers only seem to have red lights.
What make/model GDO?

Old 08-09-2023, 12:09 PM

Chamberlain

Old 08-09-2023, 12:43 PM
Super Moderator

Say.......... does that GD Opener have an Owner's Manual?

Quick Reply: Universal Home Remote