Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

H3 Reduced power mode with locks and window not working

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2019, 05:43 AM

And just like that, it started working again.

Old 03-17-2019, 10:25 AM

You mentioned the battery light came on. Have the alternator checked if the light comes back on. It could have intermittent failure.

Old 03-23-2019, 11:54 AM
Default Same issues resolved

I’ve had the same issue that has since been resolved. I’ve done the batter terminal disconnection and checking all fuses that can relate to this issue but all was good with them. What I did that worked was disconnect the battery, then reconnected it making the car relearn what it needed through the ECM. After that, the windows or power locks for the driver side didn’t work until about 30 minutes later when they worked all of the sudden. It’s like the car was taking its time to fix itself but it did end up working, power windows and power locks now work. I left it running and drove it around a bit and kept trying until the problem was fixed. I don’t know if it’ll be the same for anyone else but it worked for my situation

Old 09-05-2021, 01:42 PM
Default Key

Originally Posted by Garrettrock
I’ve had the same issue that has since been resolved. I’ve done the batter terminal disconnection and checking all fuses that can relate to this issue but all was good with them. What I did that worked was disconnect the battery, then reconnected it making the car relearn what it needed through the ECM. After that, the windows or power locks for the driver side didn’t work until about 30 minutes later when they worked all of the sudden. It’s like the car was taking its time to fix itself but it did end up working, power windows and power locks now work. I left it running and drove it around a bit and kept trying until the problem was fixed. I don’t know if it’ll be the same for anyone else but it worked for my situation

Try putting key in ignition, disconnect battery, touch disconnected cables, turn on lights and turn to start, it will lock your key in, turn off lights, wait 20-30 min reconnect battery tighten post, and your key should start vehicle, then while running use key fob, lock unlock! If all fuses and connections are good, you will have relearned all info!

Old 09-05-2021, 05:59 PM

Old 09-07-2021, 11:11 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by jcarrol76
Try putting key in ignition, disconnect battery, touch disconnected cables, turn on lights and turn to start, it will lock your key in, turn off lights, wait 20-30 min reconnect battery tighten post, and your key should start vehicle, then while running use key fob, lock unlock! If all fuses and connections are good, you will have relearned all info!
You dug up this Old Azzed Thread to offer this BS?????? The H3 stores the last 300 ignition cycles, power or no power and ain't gonna relearn jack from what you posted nor dancing around a campfire with animal pelts on your head.

READ: Old Threads/'Necro-Bumping'