Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Every other dash shift indicator works.

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2022, 09:03 PM
Default Every other dash shift indicator works.

4l60 in a hummer h3 alpha. tried new prndl switch , new cluster. only P N 3 1 light up, R D 2 will not illuminate on dash. does that sound like a ground from the prndl switch. Trans operates fine, fluid is full, only starts in park and neutral like it is supposed to. Goes into each gear perfectly.

Old 04-28-2022, 09:37 AM
Super Moderator

It could be ground. Did you clean w/ CRC Electronics Cleaner the connection for the new switch and harness end connector?

Old 04-28-2022, 05:29 PM

Appears to be an alignment issue on the switch. Easy check, KOEO, while holding the brake pedal, slowly shift from P to 1 while observing dash prndl indicators to light.

Old 04-28-2022, 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by hummerz
Appears to be an alignment issue on the switch. Easy check, KOEO, while holding the brake pedal, slowly shift from P to 1 while observing dash prndl indicators to light.

Tried that too, no dice.... contacts clean, there may be a fault in the P circuit as that is the only one that that alternates signal that would cause this issue.Transmission Range Switch Signal P

Old 04-28-2022, 11:37 PM

Old 12-29-2022, 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by sycraft
4l60 in a hummer h3 alpha. tried new prndl switch , new cluster. only P N 3 1 light up, R D 2 will not illuminate on dash. does that sound like a ground from the prndl switch. Trans operates fine, fluid is full, only starts in park and neutral like it is supposed to. Goes into each gear perfectly.
Did you ever solve this, having a similar problem. Every morning my park indicator light will not show up. However, I can pull off the batery and put it back on and turn key on and off over and over and eventually it will light up and I can crank it. I’ve had a few problems with the randomly killing all power in the vehicle. It’s not bad alternator, not bad gbcm, i’m thinking next things to check is ignition switch, or BCM. If any tips I would greatly appreciate it.

Old 12-29-2022, 10:05 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by TobyHall
Did you ever solve this, having a similar problem. Every morning my park indicator light will not show up. However, I can pull off the batery and put it back on and turn key on and off over and over and eventually it will light up and I can crank it. I’ve had a few problems with the randomly killing all power in the vehicle. It’s not bad alternator, not bad gbcm, i’m thinking next things to check is ignition switch, or BCM. If any tips I would greatly appreciate it.
Are you still trying to use the Crappy Azzed OEM Battery Terminal Connectors? If so, you have likely just been made aware of your problem. Hack those OEM garbage connectors off and replace with a quality aftermarket set like Stingers or your favorite brand then report back.